Afternoon all I'm mighty late - many apologies
Last Friday hubby was on a knife and cooking course linked with the foodbank and work, so I was home alone and so I spent the day sorting the bedrooms out. We have just completed bedroom 4 of 4 so this week has been a 'getting sorted' week if I'm honest (which is why I am sooooooooo late).
Friday night and we toddled off to the City Hall in Sheffield to see Russell Howard, he was mighty funny and said 22 year old and his fiancee came too which made for a lovely night out.
Monday night I had a bit of a funny do, we were on family chat and my vision in my right eye went strange and I had a shadow in the middle of my vision preventing me from being able to see properly and then as it came it went and (touch wood) I haven't had any more episodes since and an urgent opticians appointment on Thursday showed nothing to worry about, so glad for that.
Tuesday was our silver wedding anniversary and we headed to a local pub for a meal, we had some lovely food, this was mine (and hubbies is in the background), the pub was within walking distance so we walked there and back which was good.
I was naughty and had dessert
Thursday night we were out with my Mum at pre-theatre dining and then to see the musical Me and My Girl. Both were lovely, this was my dessert, custard tart, rhubarb sorbet and poached rhubarb, genuinely lovely food.
We've spent days working and evenings sorting rooms, so not much to share. Enjoyed catching up with my mum on thursday, she was 'at her best' as it was the day before her next chemo so she'll be going downhill for a week or two now, it is so hard to see loved ones genuinely struggling like this if I'm honest, but I'm grateful for all the time we have together.
I hope you have had a lovely week apologies for my tardiness.
Hugs





1 comment:
Glad all is ok, and it's good to catch up with your last week (eventually!) Hope your Mum doesn't feel too rough after the next bout of chemo.. sending hugs. Helen xx
Post a Comment