Good afternoon time for
So we had a tea party for said 22 year old's fiancee, it was a lovely afternoon catching up with family
we just about completed the craft room but that has led to painting the next room and well you get the drift. This is hubby's first attempt at panelling and I'm sooooooooooo pleased with it.
Sunday we headed to Chatsworth, the photos are out of order but we will just roll with it.
We finally got chance to see this stonework up close and personal (it has always been cordoned off previously).
The view down the valley is stunning
The sleeping lion
This year they've asked artists to interpret different rooms in the house, this was the sculpture gallery
we got a photo of the six-toed (well on the painting at least) Georgiana a previous Duchess of Devonshire
I took a photo of the tulip vases, I hadn't appreciated the complexities of these until they featured on the Great Pottery Throwdown, they are individual stacking vases which is mindboggling given how clay shrinks when fired - a truely amazing piece of craftmanship/craftwomanship
Blown glass in this room, it made us giggle as some of the elements were a little strange
this was in the inside grotto next to the indoor fountain
and these two beauties were stunning
We grabbed a selfie when we were having a cuppa
and got a photo of the house on the way in
This week has been very busy at work and very very busy when we get home as we continue with the decorating, we have just completed our bedroom which leaves one more bedroom and the hall stairs and landing.
I hope you've had a beautiful and blessed week.














3 comments:
Great to see the photos from Chatsworth, always something interesting to see. You are to be commended for decorating at home after a full day working, i just slump!! have a lovely weekend . Helen xx
Well done on all the decorating. I am afraid we have to emply someone to come and do ours these days. I love the panelling and its colour. Your visit to Chatsworth was interesting as it always is. I would have liked the glass room. The vases are very clever too. You would never know they are separate items. Hope you and yours are keeping as well as is possible right now. Kate x
Oh so lovely to see you again at last lol. Always enjoy your adventures. The panelling looks amazing!!! and I expect to see a version of that grotto mirror in your craft room soon :D XXX
Post a Comment