Evening all I hope I find you well on this Friday evening time to clock the silver linings and positive moments.
So last Friday hubby was busy doing a boat trip, so I used the time to have a wander around the shops, something I don't do very often it has to be said, I enjoyed a few hours of browsing and met up with him afterwards which was lovely.
Our son and daughter-in-law let us know they were travelling back from Cornwall on Friday night, rather than wait until the Saturday morning, it was still a problematic journey home but they did land safely so that is definitely something to be joyful for.
We've had some lovely catch ups with them this week post holiday, lots about their holiday and what they got up to and I managed to get this beautiful photo of son and our grandson together.
I had a bit of a nightmare with my first crocheted blanket in the fact that I ran out of a wool colour four stitches from the end, honestly it was so frustrating but I genuinely couldn't change the tension on it, so I managed to source another ball of wool and this is the finished item, for my first attempt I am as you can imagine absolutely over the moon, it is definitely not perfect but I had great fun creating it.
I'm currently on with a crocheted bag (well 3 crocheted bags) requested by my niece who is due to get married and wanted her bridesmaids to have something to carry, I have never crocheted with ribbon and it is proving exceptionally difficult if I'm brutally honest added to which I'm running an extra ribbon within the crochet for stability, I've no idea if the finished item is what my niece wants, fingers crossed she will be happy with the finished items if I get them done on time.
Finally I've come to the end of my physio appointments for now, the hope is that I won't need to return once normal winter footwear resumes but we will see, thankfully he has been good enough to keep the appointment open for 6 months so I can return if things deteriorate.
After my physio appointment we ventured to YSP to meet my brother, his fiancee and her parents for a wander around the art and a catch up, I haven't seen my brother and his fiancee in a while so we had a lovely catch up and its the first time I got to meet her parents so that was joyful, however I completely forgot to take photos which is somewhat frustrating other than the pieces installed as part of the artist in residency work that we saw in the main centre.
And that my lovely people is my lot this week, I hope yours has been grand.
Hugs
2 comments:
Evening Virginia! my week has been full on work but it's Friday now!! Not like you to forget to take photos but glad you had a lovely time with your brother and co. well done on finishing the crochet blanket - but how very annoying to run out so close tothe end! have a good week. Helen xx
Your grandson is gorgeous! (but you knew that already).
Well done for making that bed spread. How frustrating that you ran out of yarn. But you managed to find some more so all is well. And the result is amazing! I love the colour combination. I would def have that on my bed as I have bed side cabinets in that colour.
I hope you don't need any more physio. Take good care of yourself.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca
Post a Comment