Evening can you believe we are on the 30th Rocking post of the year already, time to clock the silver linings and positive moments from the last 7 days as it is time for
I know I mentioned my d-in-law making a cake for my niece but there were no photos of the cake, so I've managed to get one albeit taken from the side, it was a lemon cake and was beautiful. So last Friday we had a very busy day, the house that backs onto ours had had a tree poorly cut recently, he'd mentioned he wanted to get it resolved and so hubby had offered to sort. So on Thursday he chopped the tree and on Friday we cut up the piece and got them taken to the tip, leaving some of the trunk that we can season and use on the outdoor fire, the light levels in the house have improved dramatically so I'm glad that is finally sorted, our gardens are simply not big enough to cope with trees if I'm honest, shrubs yes but trees absolutely not, so now when I'm stood at the kitchen I can see the blue skies, so that is definitely a positive.
Saturday was supposed to be a day where we went in search of some of the lions that are dotted around the area to raise money for Sheffield Children's Hospital.
We found the final two at the Meadowhall this was the first
and this was the second which was actually a lioness
then we headed to the arena and found these two
this one was called Puck and was in the ice hockey team colours (hence his boots at the back)
.jpg)
We were hoping to carry on and find a few more near Ice Sheffield and the Institute of Sport but there was a music festival called Bassfest on and we didn't fancy fighting through the crowds.
On Sunday I went to catch up with school friends. We worked out that we all met in 1984 so that means we've been friends for 42 years and none of us could work out how that had happened if I'm absolutely honest. We are spread far and wide throughout the UK, so opportunities to catch up are few and far between, but genuinely when we get together it is like we were on the school bus yesterday, we laughed, had a good catch up, talked all things menopause and put the world to rights it was a wonderful afternoon.
I've also been on with some crochet. I bought this pattern an age ago and to be honest I didn't have a clue how to 'read' it, I've persevered with other beginners patterns and all of a sudden the gobble-de-gook that I was reading suddenly became more understandable. So I set too having a go however the squares are making up larger due to the size of the wool but as it isn't a garment it doesn't really matter.
I know they could have done with being put on a board to get them square, but the one hubby has bought me is 13 inches square and these are bigger and I was too giddy trying to get them crocheted together, it is a join as you go pattern which is proving interesting.

This is just to show the size of them, they should have been 12" x 12".
Now the hassle I've had this week is that I've run out of the outer colour and I'm only 14 squares in (of 20), so a big silver lining was after 4 attempts at getting another ball of this wool is that I've finally managed to get hold of one.
Monday and I was having to attend a court case in Sheffield as a witness, which I wasn't looking forward to, so why make my rocking post you may ask, firstly I got to find a few more lions.
this is the one for the Sheffield band 'Bring me the Horizon'
and the other reason for clocking this is that my evidence was agreed and I was stood down as a witness so no need to go in the witness box which was definitely a win win.
I had my first harvest of tomatoes, these were a cherry tomato and very flavoursome they were too, I'm very proud of them as they've been grown from seed.
This beautiful moon on Wednesday night, the photo doesn't do it justice.
Thursday we had a wood order delivered. It might seem like a strange time of year for this because we definitely don't need the wood burner at the moment, but there is something therapeutic knowing that we have stores in in readiness.
So that my lovely people is my silver linings for the week, I hope yours has been similarly awesome too.
Hugs
1 comment:
I have just been spending a birthday voucher from my work colleagues (rubber stamps that of course I don't "need" but they are new and ..... (!) when I thought I should check again in case your post has gone live... The lions round the city look fantastic, well done for finding more - and good news about not having to give evidence in the stand! I haven't kept in touch with any of my old school friends sadly, so well done for your get together. I am in touch with some old work colleagues from around the late 70/80s though when I started my first job. Your crochet squares look pretty good to me, someone tried to teach me once and I really didn't "get" it at all so didn't persevere. Maybe one day I'll try again! Have a great weekend. Helen xx
Post a Comment