
Well last Friday I headed over to my sister's house once again as it was operation paint that front room, once again I was so busy painting and sorting that I forgot to take photos, but I'm sure you can imagine her delight when by the end of the day we had managed to paint the entire room, paint the chimney breast a new colour (she's gone for a pewter grey), gloss all the woodwork including the door and window bottom and return all of the furniture items to their rightful place.
My Mum then went around on Saturday morning with her newly taken up curtains, so the room is looking sooooooooooo much better.
We have operation - let's paint that bedroom going on today so wish us luck as there is an awful lot more to do in there than the front room (we thought we'd ease ourselves in).
Saturday and the weather was exactly as forecast which was really really wet all day, although we certainly haven't had it anywhere near as bad as some places so we have to taken that as a silver lining.
We had a jaunt out to a few places on Saturday and I picked up a few autumnal bits to decorate the front window cabinet, however my front window now resembles more of a Halloween display than an autumn one - whoops.
Hubby brought me home these beautiful flowers as well on Saturday which are beautiful.
My hip is still playing up, Lisca you asked what the issue was I've had it for a while they think I've got bone spurs on my hips which cause them to ache, I've had a steroid injection in one side but the other side is giving me grief. Nonetheless I enjoy getting out and getting some fresh air, so despite the niggly pain we did manage a walk out on Sunday.
Sunday was a much quieter affair, I realised with the painting Friday and busy Saturday that I probably needed to slow Sunday down. So we had a leisurely breakfast I prepared the goodies for our Sunday roast dinner, put a hair dye on and had a shower, then had a walk out, dropped some birthday cards in the post and then picked a couple of bits up from the shop before heading home.
I then spent a few leisurely hours scrapbooking whilst hubby watched the Three Musketeers film, the evening was spent scrolling Netflix and Prime looking for the next series to watch before finishing the evening watching a Greg Davies standup show, which was very funny. So laughter and a slower Sunday were definitely something to feel positive about.
We enjoyed our first log fire of the season during the week, which was lovely and toastie as you can see.
I managed a bit of scrapbooking (but not nearly as much as I'd hoped)
The days have been busy busy busy with work and after family chat at night there isn't a lot left of the evening, I definitely feel I'm in hibernation mode, I might need to see if I can mix things up a little bit, as it is far too early for that.
And for those that enjoy the funnies that Lisca and sometimes Kate share with us, I thought I'd show you Baby Geck's yoga pose this week, we had to laugh when we saw him chilling in such a way, he is my son's pet and usually clings upside down to his glass, but this day hanging out in the vegetation seemed to have been the order of the day
I hope you've had a good week if you fancy joining in pop a post together, come back and link up and we can come and visit.



3 comments:
Gosh you have been busy painting. Your sister will be so pleased! But it's good you had a relaxing day on Sunday. Don't overdo it.
I'm sorry to hear about your hip. What a pain in the ... (And literally a pain in the hip)
Beautiful flowers! Your hubby is a keeper.
I love looking at a wood fire. My hubby cleanes the glass window every morning with a piece of kitchen roll dipped in water and then in ash. Gets it clean in seconds. But by the evening we can't look through it. Ours is our only heating so it is on all day. We sometimes leave a large log gently smoldering over night when it's really cold.
What a great photo of your pet gecko. It really did make me smile.
Have a lovely weekend and don't pain too hard!
Hugs,
Lisca
Oh Virginia. Well done on all that painting. Your sister must be delighted. But you must take care not to do too much with that hip. battling through isn't always good. You could be doing more damage. I sympathise as I used to have calcium spurs on my heel and they were so painful. Bone spurs are probably harder!
Your hubby does but you beautiful flowers and the log burner gives the room a lovely glow, though I am glad we are not down to those temperatures yet.
I did smile at the little gecko. What a strange position he is in. My so had one for a pet a long time ago but none of us was keen on feeding it with live bugs. Be nice to yourself this week, and find time for some rest and relaxation. Kate x
I hope you got on ok with today's painting - what a lovely sister you are!
Post a Comment