Friday, 2 October 2020

Rocking Your World Friday - 40th of 2020

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for 


Oh new blogger on my tablet is proving fun this morning, if truth be told I really don't have any photos this week it has been a busy one but not one where I grabbed for my camera unfortunately - so I'll apologise in advance for that, promise to try harder this week.

Last Friday I spent the day at my sisters cleaning, as a full time nurse who lives on her own it is hard sometimes to motivate herself so me and my Mum agreed to head around to give her a hand (still abiding by the social distancing rules that are currently allowed) and 9 hours later we were done, I was a little broken but we were done and it has made such a big difference, so today's plan (after my pre-booked flu jab) is to paint her living room and yes I know I must  be mad, but I'm trying to motivate her to get things sorted and we all know if the job is shared out we can get so much more done. 

The weekend tripped along at a merry old pace, just me and hubby, I was still a little bit broken from all the cleaning but I'm grateful for the dry weather we had as we managed to trim some shrubs and the hedge between our house and next doors which looks much better and we painted the last two decks, so really productive weekend. 

I also managed to finish the canvas for the stairs, it has been on my 'to do' list forever so it was nice to just get on with it, if you know what I mean, we painted the background one day and put the writing and two celtic knots on it and hung it on the second day, so I think that is fairly good going, a big grateful moment was hubby giving me a hand to get it done, two definitely made it easier work. 

Monday and I'd been battlng with a funding bid for work, literally tearing my hair out, hubby advised I walk away and do you know what he was completely right.  I came back to it Tuesday with fresh eyes and sorted it in less than 2 hours, so big happy moment for hubby helping me on that front.

Hubby encouraging us for an evening walk, despite the fact I'm strugging with my hip (and I am struggling with my hip), we both agreed that getting out of the four walls was critical for our mental health and last night we went so late it was really dark, but we both felt better for it, so note to self - more walking to keep everything balanced. 

And finally the Harvest moon last night was absolutely stunning and stayed with us for our whole walk, a huge red moon at first, mellowing as we neared home, simply spectacular. 

So they are my grateful happy moments from the week that was, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up and we can come and visit. 

3 comments:

Lisca said...

Gosh you have been busy. It is so kind of you to do work for your sister.
Yes, your hubby is very wise to tell you to walk away. Sometimes you just need to 'sleep on it'.
And he encourages you to go walking. Another good move. Even at night. Get some fresh air and some exercise. (Helps you sleep better too).
Tell me, what is wrong with your hip. I don't recall you mentioning it before. Surely you are a bit young for a hip replacement...
Anyway, I'm glad you are OK and I look forward to reading about your week next week.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

I didn't see the moon (forgot to look) after hearing them talk about it on a football commentary. glad you got out and enjoyed a walk. hope you get to take some photos of next week's grateful moments!!

mamapez5 said...

You would fit in well here. Whenever you go to the doctor here he tells you to walk more!
Well done on all the hard work at your sister's house. That was such a kind thing to do.
It is good too that you sorted out the bid at work.
I hope your hip eases this week. Kate xx