Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well it has been a funny old week this week if I'm honest, me and hubby had the day off together last Friday which made a lovely change for us both and a long weekend.
We didn't have anything major planned which is a good job because the weather was rather inclement including significant thunder storms last Friday. I had a socially distanced catch up with my sister, Mum and niece in my Mum's garden which was lovely and much needed, it gave me a little food for thought as I felt a bit 'stuck' and girly chats (even though hubby was there), always seem to inspire and motivate me which was grand as it set me up lovely for the weekend.
Saturday was supposed to be a mix of house and relaxation, but ended up all job related, some of you may remember my old wooden desk that I converted last year, well the bottom fell out of it the other week,I think the torrential rain that we'd had didn't help, so hubby took a look and said he felt it could be repaired. So that's what we did on Saturday, using some timber decking he repaired the underneath and in between rain showers we painted it up and by the end of the day were putting the plants that had come out of it back in and it is now back in its rightful place as though nothing actually happened.
Sunday we decided to have a proper kickback day, hubby read and watched films and I scrapbooked, we had spent some time on Saturday night putting the remaining 'to be scrapbooked' photos into three folders, 2018, 2019 and 2020 as I was mixing them up and the chances of me ever getting near the end was looking less likely, plus once 2018 is scrapbooked they can be filed away.
I had a lovely day of scrapping and made some reasonable headway into the pile of photos, so definitely a win win.
The rest of the week has tripped away merrily working the majority of the days at home, but also having a day in the office on Wednesday, I've been distracted from bid writing whilst we sort some quality assurance elements out, but the change has been good.
Yesterday was a hard day as it was my cousin's funeral, whilst it is always so sad to see people go it is always the hole that they leave that I struggle with, so why here on my grateful blog, because I am grateful he was part of my life, he was a larger than life character with a wicked sense of humour and will be greatly missed and the opportunity to reminisce with family online has provided a few smiles in the last couple of weeks.
Other positives
a tidy home
time to relax
new meals and recipes we have experimented with
and my favourite the opportunity to watch this numerous times this week whilst it was available, a Midsummer Night's Dream
And that my lovely people is my week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up and if you are able to leave a message then please do so, we seem to be having some comment issues at the moment which I don't seem to be able to resolve no matter what change in parameters I make.


4 comments:
I thought you must have posted early today when I saw you'd visited Kew with me! Just getting ready to take the heart monitor off to return to the hospital - not expecting any issues as not had any recurrences since the first dizzy spell ....hopefully just "one of those things" Glad you had some family time ; I hope you have some more planned. have a great weekend. Helen xx
That sounds like a very productive weekend. I have to say I get more and more lazy as the temperature rises, but I still manage to fill my time.
You are lucky to be able to visit mum and sister, even if it is across the garden. I would love to be able to visit my sons, but it is not going to happen this year.
I still haven't made time to do any serious scrapbooking but I do intend to!
keep safe. Kate x
Glad you are still finding positive moments in this time. It must be especially difficult for someone as energetic as yourselves XXX Stay Well XXX
I'm glad you have had a good week. I see that Kate's comment has been noted plus another one, so I am hopeful that mine too will reach you albeit late. Yes, I'm late, but better late than never.
So good that you have been able to see Shakespeare again and that you enjoy experimenting with recipes. I find that fun too.
And lovely that you have been able to get together in your mum's garden. We are coming to the UK at the end of august and our daughter has booked the same camp site where we have our caravan, but we are not allowed to socialize. we have to keep our distance. I don't know how we can do that. I have a feeling we are going to be naughty and hug our kids outside the gates or something. Hopefully by the end of August things might have changed.
Well done you for doing that scrapbooking. I have been feeling guilty as I haven't done much lately. So I have promised myself I will do some crafting this evening. I have gone to my craft room this morning to make some room amongst the debris. A room like that becomes a dumping ground if you don't use it much. So, tonight's the night....
What else can I tell you other than it is sooo hot here. We can hardly breathe. I have all the blinds down and the windows shut so no hot air comes in.
Have a good week, and see you soon (Friday),
Lisca
Post a Comment