Friday, 10 July 2020

Rocking your World Friday - 28th of 2020

Good morning everyone, I hope you've had a good week, its Friday and time for 


So last Friday my car had its MOT, I drive a car which could be described as ancient (bless it), so MOT time is always a little disconcerting if I'm honest, so you can imagine my surprise when not only did she pass first time but she had no advisories whatsoever - surprised - yes, so hubby treated his car to two new tyres I'm not sure that's how it was supposed to work but we will call it a win win. 

On Saturday I'd booked tickets for us to go to Wentworth Woodhouse to see their glorious gardens, its the first time since the trust took the house over that they have allowed people to free flow around the gardens (previously you could only do a guided tour), there were lots of helpful volunteers around to give information about the diffeent parts of the garden which really brought it to life and we had a fabulous few hours exploring.  I hadn't realised how much difference it would make to my mental health or how big a difference doing something 'normal' would make me feel - but let's just say we had a fabulous time and for £5 per person - a bargain too. 

This was the first thing we found a sculpture done by the artist in residence.  


We wandered, getting fabulous shots of the back of the house


I loved the signs for the toilets on our way around, may they be known as bumfresh towers from here on in. 


The mulberry garden had some stunning flowers


And we've seen the Ionic temple from the road so many times but never upclose and we didn't realise it had a statue of hercules in it. 


We found the bear, commemorating the fact that an inventory from the 1800's documented ownership in the menagerie of a female American brown bear.


The blue skies were very welcome


We found some lovely colours as we wandered


The punchbowl now covered by trees and shrubbery was once the marker for the estate of something significant happening in the house, including the visit of Princess Victoria (before she became Queen) in 1835 where the bowl was lit as a beacon of her visit. 


The sweet chestnut tree was something to behold and behind the bee hives were literally buzzing with activity. 


Sunday we had a really chilled and relaxed day if I'm honest which we both enjoyed, we watched the film Knives Out which was a good Sunday afternoon film and I did a little pile of scrapbook pages.  I'm making headway on the pile of photos but am mindful that as we go out exploring again, the chances of catching up on my pages becomes a little less likely.  

The rest of the week has tripped along at a merry old pace, busy busy with work but I've made some good progress and we've had some lovely new meals that we've tried this week which is always fabulous. 

I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up and we can come and visit. 

As my regular ladies know there are some blogger issues at the moment, I finally got Kate's comment last week - yay, but Lisca's alas still didn't arrive.  However, I hope you've had a fab week ladies.



3 comments:

Kate Perry said...

Those gardens are wonderful. I would love to spend an afternoon wandering around them. I am glad the outing did you some good. I particularly like the rings of branches and the toilet sign!
Trees are amazing and that chestnut seems to be wandering where it will!
I hope you manage to get out and about a bit more now, staying safe of course. Kate x

Helen said...

those gardens look beautiful, and some fabulous sculptures to see. Fun signs!! Hope you have a lovely weekend

Lisca said...

We shall try again (to comment) and hopefully you will get this one. Also I checked to see if you had posted all through the day and didn't see your post, but now I see you posted at 9:40. Strange that....
But it was worth the wait. The gardens are stunning and the sculpture is great.
It's good that you could get out and about. It's good for the soul. You can do scrapbooking on rainy days.
That sweet chestnut tree is really awesome.
I had a chuckle at the Bumfresh Towers. I told my hubby and we both had a chuckle.
Interesting fact about the brown bear.
Have a good weekend and I hope the weather cooperates a bit.
Hugs,
Lisca