Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well I think this is week 5 of lock down and ours is due to be reviewed next Thursday, the weeks are still tripping along at a merry old pace irrelevant of the lock down if I'm honest and routine gains ground.
I took a day's TOIL last Thursday as our boss is insisting that we make sure we run our TOIL down so there is much less at the end of lock down (the last thing she needs is for us to have lots to use after this).
So I decided to paint out bedroom (on my own as hubby was working), I know crazy right, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I moved furniture (I didn't I slid furniture but hey it worked), all day back and forth, covering, uncovering and recovering bits of furniture as I made my way around, the biggest issue I had was the gothic handpainted border near the top of the room which was an absolute pain to obliterate, hubby popped in mid morning and said I was doing an awesome job, until I pointed out the gothic arches had had 5 coats of paint and were still as plain to see on the walls.
Thankfully he finished at 3.30pm, got changed and gave me a hand as I hadn't managed to do the centre of the ceiling and he helped me put another coat on those arches.
We then sensibly made tea and when we came back the paint had dried considerably and the arches were almost gone, there were just a few areas where it needed repainting.
Friday was spent doing the minimum glossing and repenning the quote above our bed and we received the new duvet set that I'd ordered, so I swapped the bedding over, it is such a happy cover, I've also ordered it in a different colour way but that hasn't arrived yet, I'm hoping it doesn't fade too much in the wash.
It definitely has a Morroccan influence, it makes a lovely change from our usual dark covers.
I'm really pleased now the room is done, the only issue now, is I'm looking around the rest of the house thinking - that needs painting - you can imagine the rolling of eyes that are occurring with hubby at the moment can't you.
Anyway I've got my sights set on said 19 year old's art room next as I've paint left and he isn't at home currently, but hubby is insisting I have fun on Thursday (when I'm typing this) and set to on the room on Friday as he can finish early and give me a hand and for once I've agreed.
We've been enjoying some fabulous theatre recently, Saturday we watched the Handebards Macbeth which was great although the noise from the traffic in the background when it was filmed a few years ago was a little frustrating at times
And Sunday night we treated ourselves again with some Shakespeare when we watched NT Lives Twelfth Night, which was brilliant, we are looking forward to Frankenstein this week with Benedict Cumberbatch and Johnny Lee Miller, apparently they both played the key roles and NT Live are going to swap the recording over mid-week so you can enjoy both, my sister has seen it twice but both times was the same, so is looking forward to seeing the one she never managed.
Evenings are still being spent being creative, at this rate I'm going to have to open an Etsy shop as I've had to stack them up now as they keep sliding around on my desk.
First up is a Minnie Mouse book, I was struggling for something for the front page and then realised I could cut down the giant Minnie on the 12 x 12 paper as an image for the front, I added glossy accents to the black pupils and nose and some red glitter stickles glue to the centre of the bow
The book was created with the same principles as the ones I've been done recently, so they fold out from their concertina
You can see from the top that each page is actually a pocket with a pull out tag.
I had three sets of these square covers to use, so I did another one using an 8 x 8 pack I have
and another that I've added beads to the front, I ended up handpainting the main rose on the front in situ, as it originally had a cream tone which clashed with the papers.
I am really pleased with all three. This week I've been working on a frame book and generating the inside myself, the downside being that it has taken a huge amount of paper to actually cover it, far more than these other books, but it is coming together now so hopefully I will get it finished today.
As those who read this will know my sister who is a nurse is currently working on a Covid positive ward, she came home on Monday morning with a cold, which then turned into a fever and aches and pains, so she went for a test, which came back negative, however, she has had a few colleagues with negative tests who then two days later tested positive. If she is no better Thursday she may well go for a second test, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Apart from that there have been other positives
11am coffee time with hubby has been lovely
I've been a twit with food at night this week, I think others bad habits are rubbing off on me, so I need to sort that out but I have enjoyed having a bit (a lot) of chocolate.
Me and hubby re-establishing our daily walk - it wobbled when we changed family face time but it is now back where it belongs.
Good weather at the weekend, meaning we could kick back and enjoy and create.
Getting house jobs done.
And that my lovely people is it for this week, I hope you've had a grand week and have managed to stay safe. If you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up and we can come and visit.













3 comments:
Morning! well done on the painting - and I LOVE that bedding set! I always try to have brightish colours (although most of mine are blue-ish at present) Sending healing positive vibes for your sister; and that she makes a rapid recovery o matter what is ailing her. Great projects too - apart from a couple of birthday cards I've done nothing.
I'm glad you are here today. I missed you last week, but I just saw that you did post last week, only I didn't see it. Sorry. There must be a way of getting a notification like I do for the others. With your blog I have to manually go to your site regularly and check if you have added anything.
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets better soon and that a second test will also be negative. But it must be so worrying. We'll be praying for her.
I assume TOIL is a day off? You spent it well! What a job! Painting the bedroom. But it look magnificent! Well done you! I love it. The duvet covers make it. I love the Moroccan design and colours. And I am mighty impressed with the wall quote. How did you do that? Is it a template or do you do it free hand? Whatever the method, it is beautiful.
How wonderful that you have been able to see those theatre productions. I know you like your Shakespeare.
Your concertina books are lovely. Yes, you should open an Etsy shop. You never know, you might sell some.
OK my lovely, have a great weekend. Don't work too hard on that painting job. Hopefully hubby will be working with you and together it won't seem so much like hard work.
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca
(first off wishing only good thoughts for your sister)
As I type it is 9am Sunday morning and hubby was so bored he is mowing the grass(been up since 6), but he will be going over o his mothers this afternoon to take her lunch so I get a break then lol
I feel your "bad eating habits" too and have told hubby NOT to bring back any more cakes or buns or posh biscuits. The shop he goes to for his mum always have 2 or 3 for one offers so he buys a pack for her and brings the excess home "as she will just eat them all if he leaves them"....can you see my raised eyebrow? She has to eat properly but we don't? I told him to put excess packs into food banks so I can stick to my diet lol
Love the new bedroom look :D
Stay well XXX
Post a Comment