Friday, 15 May 2020

Rocking Your World Friday - 20th of 2020

Morning lovely people tis Friday and time for 


So what fun and mischief have I been up to this week on lock down number - actually what week is this?  Absolutely no idea and despite Boris starting to lift restrictions - I will be absolutely brutally honest, I haven't changed a thing, the only thing I might do (and it is a might rather than a will), is drive to the nearby ancient bluebell woods to enjoy the spectacular beauty of this flower, but like I say it is still a might. 

In all honesty with the number of people now moving around and the signs of people starting to congregate again I'm guessing the second wave will be just around the corner, but then that isn't a positive thought, so let us ignore what I just said and find a few silver linings as there are bound to be some. 

So first up is NT live, we watched both versions of this awesome play the other week


We also watched the Lord Chamberlains Men performing The Tempest, we've seen this particular one performed at Chatsworth a couple of years ago and as in Shakespeares time this is an all male cast (regardless of the parts)


Last Friday saw us celebrating the 75th anniversary of VE Day, said 19 year old's gf had managed to get some bunting for us, albeit that it wasn't particularly patriotic (pink flamingoes anyone), so I set to with scrapbook papers and hubby to create the one that we put upstairs and then as a quick fix we coloured in using felt tip pens on the one downstairs.  A neighbour popped the 'spare' balloons through the letterbox. 

We had a fabulous time sharing a social distancing, on the front of the house picnic with the neighbours off the close, it was lovely to see people and have a chat, albeit that it was done safely from a distance. 

Further up the road Clive had been brave and climbed up a lamppost to put the bunting across the road


I made more mini books (actually I've made more since these but I haven't photographed them), this is number 21 and 22 of lockdown





In fact the blue one above went down a storm on my facebook page and I had a friend ask if she could buy it for an anniversary present for friends, so we did a social distancing hand over (I left it hung on my door handle and she popped the money through the letterbox which I promptly washed as it is now plastic notes that we have in the UK - win win).

I also made this very bright mini book, although I've no idea who the hell would use it, it was fun to make though. 







These mini books are particularly deceptive in size because they were about 8" x 8", the downside to a mini book this size is that there was lots of leftovers pieces at the end, thankfully however, I've found a way of using those pieces up this week with smaller mini books - so win win!


VE Day saw hubby baking again as he made some lemon and blueberry scones with a lemon drizzle topping, which we enjoyed as a cream tea at our VE day picnic, the other loaf was a banana cake using up some left over bananas as I hate food waste, both went down a treat albeit not great on the old waist line. 



The rest of the week has been lots and lots of work, I've not physically been into the office as I work on funding bid after funding bid as things are looking particularly difficult in these coming months, but I've ploughed on and remain positive and optimistic.

I've kept up with a chat with my Mum everyday (twice a day on most days) using Facetime, it is keeping both of us sane and other family members pop in when they can, which is lovely. 

We've both taken today off, my Mum has ordered a skip so we are going to go and fill it with all the things she's left outside for us, she is determined to get this green house up that she bought the other week, but needs all the debris she's got to be gone, so a skip it is. 

And that my lovely people was the week that was, I hope yours has been grand if you fancy popping a post together, pop back link up and we can come and visit. 

Hugs to you all and stay safe 



3 comments:

Lisca said...

One of the good things that has come out of the lockdown, is the online theatre and all sort of other art performances. I bet you enjoyed those immensely.
The VE Day celebrations look real fun. There's nothing like that here of course. How wonderful that you have nice neighbours. When that is the case, it is lovely to live in a close.
Your mini books look gorgeous. Even that colourful one is really cute. Yes, I'm sure if you went on Etsy (or similar) you could make some extra cash.
A husband that bakes! Every girl's dream! But oh that waistline.....
Don't forget to take pictures of the bluebells, if you go at all. I'd love to see them.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

I was hoping to stop by earlier but had some problems with the working from home day job... Your VE Day celebrations look great, not least hubby's baking! Fab mini books, too. Take care, stay safe and enjoy the bluebells if you get there.

Granny Gee said...

You are so organised lol ...all those mini books are going to sell well at a craft market when they open again, especially if you label them as "Lockdown Memories". As for waistlines...I started my diet the week before lockdown and all the "boredom cooking" is doing me no favours either lol. XXX