Friday, 8 May 2020

Rocking Your World Friday - 19th of 2020

Good morning lovely people I hope I find you well and that you are all managing to stay safe it is time for 


So first up is my Shakespeare fix continues on thanks to the likes of NT Live with their rendition of Twelfth Night, which was superb


I set too on Friday last week painting said 19 year old's art room.  When we moved things around in there to prepare it ready for uni, we never actually got chance to paint it, so I set too last week whilst hubby was working, as we still had paint under the stairs that we hadn't used. 

Thankfully it was a relatively easy room to do and despite the fact I was doing it on my own I made great headway.  Hubby gave me an hour at the end of the day to finish it off and then we put everything back in with the exception of the blinds and curtains as we were waiting on the gloss drying on the windowcill and it looks so much better. 

This meant that at the weekend we were able to kick back and just enjoy the day.  Saturday other than washing (and put the aforementioned blind and curtains back up) we spent the day reading on the deck and enjoyiing each others company with lots of book reading - utter bliss. 


We made a banquet for food for Saturday night as we hadn't had lunch, it was really tasty with lots of different flavours, I even made the houmous which is something I've not done for a while. 


We enjoyed walks out, just our usual circuit but I find it good for the brain.  This photo was taken at the top of the playing field that we walk around. 


Near the end of the walk as we head back into the estate that we live on we passed a huge swathe of hawthorn in full flower, it always reminds me of my childhood as the hedge we had in the house I great up in was hawthorn, so the scent of the same always reminds me of my childhood. 


The rest of the week has been lots of work and not a lot of crafting if I'm honest.  I did manage two mini books at the beginning of the week, but have failed the rest of the week if I'm honest because I've been writing funding bids after funding bids and by the time you get to the end of the funding bid there isn't a lot of brain power at the moment. 

I did have one day in the office and saw a few of my work colleagues (abiding by social distancing rules, obviously) this meant I managed to catch up on essential paperwork in the office. 

So overall a positive week with the new normal become well normal.  I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, come back and link and we can come and visit. 

3 comments:

Lisca said...

You're right, the new normal is beginning to become normal. But it's good that you were able to go into work and see your colleagues and catch up.
Well done for finishing that room. That's another job out of the way!
That hawthorn is gorgeous!
I am impressed with your banquet. That looks really nice.Who needs restaurants? Only joking! It is the thing I miss most: going out. I love stopping for coffee somewhere when we do shopping and going out for pizza or dinner (here the main meal is at 2 pm).
I'm pleased you watched the drone display. I had never seen anything like it and I was quite emotional too. It was beautiful!
Have a really lovely weekend,
Hugs (virtual ones are allowed),
Lisca

Helen said...

I forgot that yesterday was Friday, for some reason it felt like Saturday(odd having a bank holiday on a Friday ) so am only just catching up here... Hope the week coming sees you getting some more crafting done. I am rubbish at crafting after a day's work

Granny Gee said...

Keeping it real is all most of us can do for now...I pity those who are falling into the "sleep in" trap while they are working from home lol Mornings are never going to be the same for them. Love the childhood memory...the Mayflower has such a magical smell XXX