Friday, 27 March 2020

Rocking Your World Friday - 13th of 2020

Evening all, so sorry for my tardiness but we have had no internet since Tuesday, I honestly wasn't sure if I'd managed to get this post on if I'm honest, but without further ado it is time for 


So like lots of places around the world we are now on lock down, we are able to shop for food and medicines and go for some exercise which for us is taking shape in a daily walk from our house in a circular route of around 2 miles, so as you can imagine it has been a little on the quiet. 

However here are a few of the silver linings and positive moments from the week. 

Being stuck at home meant that I could put together a homemade scrapbook kit. 
Hubby on the other hand decided it was baking time again, I'm not sure this is a good idea for my waistline if I'm honest, but it always tastes so nom! 

Saturday's walk saw some blue skies

On our walk we've seen lots of properties with rainbows drawn by children in the window, to help when families go out for a walk with children, it's a way of keeping them amused and has definitely raised a smile for me. 

In the meantime hubby despite his silversmithing course being currently suspended managed to continue his studies


And I carried on scrapbooking 
Sunday saw it a little cloudier

But we did enjoy a fire in the evening 

Said 19 year old brought me these for Mother's day 


I really wanted to see my Mum but obviously was concerned about the virus, at this point we were still not on full lock down.  I made her a card after I'd used anti-bacterial spray on my workstation, I also wore latex gloves to make it.  We went over on Sunday, we took our own chairs, flask and cups and set up in the garden well away from her, so we could at least have a catch up which was fabulous! 


It seemed odd not giving her a hug, but if this keeps her safe then I'm absolute fine with that! 

The issues with the lack of internet have proved incredibly testing given that both me and hubby are key workers and with his underlying health conditions he needs to work from home.  However, the silver lining is that we've crafted more, enjoyed some DVD's we haven't watched in a while and have thoroughly enjoyed catching up with everyone since we got back online today! 

I hope you've all had a good week and are managing wherever you are to stay safe whilst still enjoying some positives in life. 

Mr Linky for those that fancy joining in 


2 comments:

Helen said...

I was so pleased to see your comment this morning and came over to check our your post. I was worried when you didn't appear during the day. Glad it was "only" internet issues. Fantastic assortment of layouts - at this rate you'll catch up in no time! Glad you got to visit your Mum for Mother's day last Sunday and enjoyed some time in the garden. I envy you your open spaces you can enjoy for your walks. it is all built up here. Working from home is going to "improve" next week when they sort out us being able to make calls through our laptops... yay. can't wait!! Stay safe. xx

Lisca said...

Oh dear! No internet! That is the pits! I was getting worried for you when I saw you hadn't posted and I knew you were home. So I'm glad everything is (relatively) ok.
I love the colour combination of your scrapbook kit.I should be doing this too really. I enjoyed looking through your scrapbook pages and I recognise the photos as you had shared them at the time. I notice that you haven't put dates on any of the pages.I always HAVE to have a date on it, but perhaps I'm being too fussy and it is not that important.
I'm glad you are allowed a walk (we are not) so I go shopping almost every day so I can have some exercise. It is perfectly normal here to buy fresh bread every day as nobody uses wrapped sliced bread. So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. (And sticking rigidly to the rules of course)
I love baking too and I have already resigned to the fact that I will put on weight. There is no escape. But so is everyone else, so I'm not going to agonise over it.
Have a good weekend,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca