Good morning lovely people tis Friday already so time to clock
those silver linings, positive moments and joyous days (if you've managed any of them) for it is time for
Well it has been a very strange week this week as we had yet another storm to deal with in the form of Storm Jorge.
I'm not sure what happened to the letters E-I following Storm Dennis the weekend before. This meant high winds and rain again which is always a pain we also had lots of misinformation and scary stories on the news about the coronova virus, so I decided to unlink auto news stories on my phone. I'm not one for dwelling on negative news stories, but my phone saw fit to give me almost hourly stories, so why did this reach my rocking post - because of lovely google confirming how I could stop all these negative stories that I didn't want to hear about or read about, which in turn took my stress levels down a notch.
Said 19 year old seems to be tucking into his current brief and has a vision for it (which is always helpful) and I can see he is making good progress so that was a silver lining. Sometimes these briefs and ideas can become too much as he has so many avenues he doesn't know which one to do, but with the odd conversation he starts to solidify his ideas and with some gentle coaxing he seems to be making some good progress. He also managed to finish his group project, part of the current brief is collaborative work with other people to create a row of shops (each of them has been designated with one of the shops), the only way to create it so it looks cohesive is to work together and he sent me these couple of work in progress the scale is quite small I think he said 1:100 which limits the detail, some of the group were looking at laser cutting but that was a whole lot of complicated computer work as well as assembly, whereas said 19 year old's group just got on with a handmade model (his preferred option anyway).
We finally did a food shop, I've been running the freezer down and trying to use things up that we've had an age, I did wonder last thursday night what said 19 year old was going to have to eat when he came in from work as he tends to make himself a late night snack when he gets home, this is the photo he sent me that night that I picked up the following day
Which used up not only the small cheese and tomato pizza that had been in there an age, but also was genius enough to put some Ikea meatballs on one side which also used some of those up - it's amazing what you can cook up when you put your mind to it!
Thankfully Sunday was a blue skies day, we still had the awful winds, but were determined for it not to affect us as we were truly fed up with the weather and needed to get out of the four walls. So another trip up to Yorkshire Sculpture Park, we are definitely putting this membership through its paces and it is brilliant.
We had another trip to the Chapel again, to look at the Paradise exhibition, it is still one of my favourites over recent years.
The level of detail is beautiful
We also got to see this piece of artwork in all its glory, because for the first time as we approached it it was in full glorious sunshine, the light refracting off it was absolutely stunning
I loved this photo looking up, it appears to go on forever
Now this photo below was the week before - windy as you can tell
But nowhere near as windy as last Sunday when it was blowing an absolute gale as we tried to get this selfie
There is a new exhibition due to open this weekend, although I'm unsure if we will get out to see it (I'm hoping so)
We've already seen a number of the outdoor sculptures but there is a whole exhibition in the underground gallery that we haven't seen yet.
You can imagine the slightly naughty conversation we had as we turned into the park to see this as it is huge.
The ring is made from car wheel centres if you look closely and we think it is kilner jars for the stone at the top.
I love the wrought iron work of the flagon
and the teapot
So we had a fabulous walk and saw some new artwork definitely a win win.
We went a slightly diverse route through the park (which turned out to be a crazy idea as we kept ending up in significantly muddy areas) which took in the skyspace which we haven't visited for a while, it was nice to sit back, look up and take in the changing picture.
Sunday saw us making a very quick roast dinner, we've done this two weeks running and it has been a great success but it isn't very weight watcher friendly so alas I don't think we will be having it for a while as I attempt to get back on a healthy eating plan, it was nice whilst it lasted but these few pounds I've put on are seriously causing my back issues so they must go.
The rest of the week has also included
A trip to the Works to find some cheap as chips scrapbook papers, I love the paper pads that are ridiculously low in prices because it means that I can afford to just use them, when I buy expensive collections I often overthink using them and it takes me an age, this way I just rip through the pads, mixing them with current papers I've got and achieving lots of lovely layouts.
I've also finished sorting (and this was a monumental task) all our photos, my old method was to download the camera and then at regular intervals do a photo order, however, I haven't done one since around July 2017, so you can imagine how many photos there were to sort (literally thousands), I started by putting them into folders and then went into each folder and selected photos I can use to scrapbook.
Receiving a 40% off code for ordering online prints, which meant a healthy reduction of over £20 when I came to order.
And that my lovely people is the week that was, I hope you've had a grand week if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can some and visit.















3 comments:
That glass tower is beautiful especially photographed looking up! some amazing sculptures and exhibits as always. the storm was Jorge because it originated near Spain and they got there first with the naming, otherwise it was due to be Erin (I think) according to one weather report I heard. Have a great week, hope you get out (hope I get out too)
Oh all this hype about the corona virus. It's doing my head in. Even though we haven't got tv, on my computer I get some notification every 5 minutes it seems. We live out in the sticks in rural inland Spain, I don't go near an airport or public transport, and nobody I know has been to Tenerife or Madrid lately, so I'm not worried.
I do have a cold but I'm sure it's not the dreaded C virus. I'm glad you have been able to turn the notifications off.
A blue sky day! That is lovely, and well worth braving the strong winds to go see a few sculptures. The metal structures are beautiful.
The cockerel surprised me as we saw that in Bilbao (Northern Spain)last year. It seems to travel around. It is the symbol of Portugal, but you probably knew that.
I'm glad Said 19 yr old has found his mojo re his projest. Is he away at uni or back home now? Or was it just for a long weekend?
Cheap scrapbook papers. Yes, very tempting. I tend to use them for all sorts of projects except scrapbooking. The cheap papers are usually not lignin free and really my scrapbook pages should last longer than my life time.But card making and community projects are ok I think.
I tend to print off my own photos. I don't know what is cheaper really. I too can get these budget prints with coupons, but it is the postage that usually cripples me. Apart from that, I sometimes want to print in a different format/size. I should look around for local printers that do special offers.
Have a lovely weekend.
I do hope you get to go and see the new sculptures this weekend.
Hugs,
Lisca
I see you have had high winds too. We had gales a couple of days this week, and one afternoon I was afraid to go outside as I didn't think I could stand in it. But at least we had blue skies and sunshine at the same time.
I love some of those outside sculptures, especially the teapot.
I am with you on the bad newscasts. It is hard to get away from them these days, but I have cleared a lot off my Facebook feed. We need to keep focusing on the positive in these difficult days. Hope this is a good week for you. Kate x
Post a Comment