Afternoon lovely people tis Friday time to find some silver linings and positive moments from the last 7 days
Well we've enjoyed our daily walk in line with guidelines, we are very lucky to live with countryside around us if I'm honest and we definitely don't take it for granted. We've had one walk which was a little on the cold and bracing side but the rest have been beautiful spring walks.
We even managed a rather bright selfie
One evening we were late going out, it was actually quieter, strangely I don't think I've ever seen as many walkers, dog walkers, runners, joggers and cyclists as we have seen recently.
This particularly evening which was quieter we had the most beautiful evening sky which I did manage to capture.
Me and hubby have managed to work at home, he now understands when I explain to him you work full tilt when you work from home because you don't have colleague or phone call distractions, so the work becomes much more intense. We are thoroughly shattered today after a mighty busy and somewhat stressful work week.
I managed a single day in the office as we are classed as key workers as I work for a charity and there is a need to still be there for our client base and the local community.
On the one day I was in work a neighbour messaged to say she had left a gift on the doorstep, which when I got home was this.
I've never bought cut daffodils before always preferring to see them in the garden but they have made such an amazing display that I may well buy them again.
The little homemade paperbag had several chocolates in.
I thought it was a really lovely thought, in fact we've all been trying to do our bit this week.
We were running out of handwash and one of the neighbours dropped me a spare she had off and one picked up some skimmed milk as we couldn't find any locally.
My flowers from Mother's day are still going strong as well which is lovely they've definitely brightened up the window.
I realised last weekend that I was most definitely over eating, I think I tend to eat when I'm stressed but after a week of lock down with a potential for this to continue for 12 weeks I thought enough was enough (plus if my Mum is managing to stick to Weight Watchers then I definitely can).
So we've embraced a healthier eating regime and spent the evenings making mini books which have occupied me thoroughly.
These are this weeks offerings that I've managed to make, I started with the peachy one (which is a favourite), then the purple one then the one top right before running out of covers that hubby had cut me.
But I did have some others that were cut that were smaller, so he shrunk my template bless him so I could make the two Christmas ones.
Inside the front cover you can see the tags on the left and the pocket page on the right.
Each of them follows the same design, I've got three more sets of covers which I'm going to use up before turning my attention to a new project and that my lovely people is that, I hope you've managed some positive moments and silver linings this week, it is hard to keep things ticking along when normal life is anything but normal but I find minimising the news to a single daily update, making full use of my leisure time, watching films and reading books we love and generally just keeping a positive frame of mind, definitely helps.
Have a good week, stay safe









3 comments:
I am glad you are keeping positive. I was late realising your post was up last week so I never got to link with it, but I have managed better this week. You are lucky to still be able to take walks together. We are not allowed this at all. We can take a dog out but only on our own and only a short distance from the house. If we go shopping it has to be once a week and only one person in the car and shop. It is very restrictive but we are managing and it does make us feel quite 'safe'.
I love all your little books. A good project is a great way to distract you from unnecessary eating! I've heard a lot of folk saying they are over-eating during lock-down, but neither Chris nor I have a big appetite and it is not a problem for us.
It is good that you have managed to both work from home. Not always an easy one.
Social media is a great help for keeping in touch with family and friends isn't it. I am glad you have some nice neighbours. We don't really because all the houses around us are empty for most of the year. Anyway, you say safe, and keep filling your spare time with lovely creations. Kate x
I know I start working earlier at home than I do in the office (even then I was gettingin at 8 for a 9 start..) it's not good!! Your walks look as gorgeous as ever. I am going to have to revisit some Kew pics this weekend to make me feel better about missing it I think (did my shopping tonight so not got to go out again) LOVE the books they are fantastic Take care, stay safe.
I didn't realise that working from home was more intense. Don't over-do it.
Oh those daffodils are gorgeous, and it was so sweet of her to put that on your desk! (and chocolates too).
I know what you mean by eating too much. I am putting on weight to, as I am cooking such lovely things. But i can't go on a diet now, as I won't be able to get anything other than basic Spanish food here in the village.
Those mini books are beautiful. They make very pretty presents. (are you thinking C...?)
Facetime with your mum must be really fun. I'm sure you both have lots to chat about. I wish I could do that with my mum, but as she is nearly blind, she can't handle a mobile phone. I phone her on her landline and I use Skype for that as it costs less than a phone call.(I think it's 1 cent a minute)
Have a nice weekend. I hope the weather is nice for you.
Take care,
Hugs,
Lisca
Post a Comment