Morning all well I was eager to get started on the March kit for the counterfeit kit, I've abstained from the 'globe' like paper as I felt it was just too similar to the previous kit in February for me and I've discovered that I have lots of turquoise papers and even blue card stock but not so much of the good old yellows which is bizarre as I thought I had loads of them as I rarely use yellow! Anyway I digress here is this month's kit (and I believe I'm going to be adding to this one given that I made a dent in it yesterday afternoon during the rugby match on TV).
I always start with lots of paper, I did manage to find a balloon paper but thought it was too muted, but then found another one - yay!
Some pale yellow cardstock as the yellows were a bit thin on the ground if I'm honest!
I had no wood veneer papers in wood colours (I found a distressed multi coloured one), so thought I'd add a couple in that had the brown colours in them to add to the kit
I've picked out a couple of packs of embellishments too but will refrain from using any pink elements if I'm honest as my kit doesn't lend itself to that. I was hoping for a better 'close up' of the kit but it now no longer exists on the original website so I just went with the flow as it were.
I also managed to pull a few elements together to potentially use, orange embroidery thread and bakers twine, some wooden elements, a variety of washi tapes and so project life style cards too - I love a new kit!
I'll be sharing what I create on my blog over the next few weeks
11 comments:
Can't wait to see what you come up with from that collection.
Toni xx
That's a wonderful kit. Your hot air balloon paper is so pretty! I, especially love all your goodies in the last image. Looking forward to your projects!
All looking fabulous Virginia - can't wait to see what you do!
Lovely kit Virginia :) Love the browns and yellows you added to the kit fun doilies too
Beautiful colors.
great kit you've got
Awesome kit. {{joyce}}
Here's a link to the blog post about the January releases on their blog:
http://apieceofcakedesigns.blogspot.com/2015/01/store-news-sunday-january-releases-and.html
If you click on the photos, you can see them a wee bit larger. That is the best I can find for details for you, hope it helps. I love the kit you have created!!
What a happy collection you have put together.
Bravo for going with the flow and working with what you have! That's what CKC is all about! Happy scrapping!
Another awesome kit - I know you'll put it to good use!
Post a Comment