Good morning tis Friday time to clock the silver linings and positive moments from the last 7 days for it is time for
So last Thursday we went to the local college in the evening for a tasting menu called 'A Taste of France' we are served each course but thankfully the portions are small
First up with the canapes, I giggled at the tiny Croque Monsieur nearest to us on the photo, behind that was pate, a tiny gougere and a smoke salmon roll
Then we had soup served in a teacup
Then fish with a mousse centre and a bisque
Main was lamb which was beautiful, I even managed the carrot puree (never a fan of the root vegetables but I got away with this).
Dessert was a mille feuille I giggled at hubby's from my view point
but turned around the both looked great (and tasted even better)
Then tiny petits fours to complete the meal, my favourite was the rum truffle
It was a lovely relaxed evening where we could chat, catch up and enjoy some great food cooked by the students.
On Saturday hubby helped me sort the front door wreath, off with the spring colours
and on with more summery ones, I was really pleased with the finished item, I got the flowers from Ikea and added ribbons that I already owned, this will hopefully stay put until the autumn now.
We had a quiet weekend overall, caught up with our son, daughter-in-law and Grandson and also with my sister which was lovely.
During the week I managed to complete my first ever proper clothing item in the form of a cardigan for my daughter-in-law, she chose the colours and I put the cardigan together
I took better photos the following day
and I'm really pleased with it, it definitely isn't perfect but it is a garment and it is wearable so I think that's a win. She has promised to get a photo in it this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to share a photo of it being modelled in future weeks.
I also completed the ball of wool for my granny squares, I doubt very much that anyone else is mad enough to do it my way but there was a therapy in the duplication it has to be said, the downside (including the completed square I shared last week) I've got 53 centres which is rather irritating for a blanket, mind you I've got to finish it yet.
Kate thank you for the hints and tips on the crochet keep them coming I need all the help I can get. I think I did more stitches on the outside of the granny square but I was so overjoyed to create something that looked like a granny square I was past caring at that point I'm mindful that this attitude won't be something to continue with.
I hope you've all had a grand week as well.
Hugs









.jpg)




1 comment:
the tasting menu sounds - and looks - fabulous. How lovely to be able to experience that, and support the students too! good luck with the crochet.. I never could master it. the cardi looks fab. sorry I'm late visiting. Helen
Post a Comment