Morning all it is Friday time to highlight the positive moments and silver linings from the last 7 days time for
So last Friday I met with lovely daughter-in-law to go craft shopping for a hen weekend we are both attending. It was lovely to spend time with her and my grandson and we had fun shopping, so that definitely makes the list.
Sunday we ventured to YSP for a good walk, the skies were blue and the lake was calm and clear
We spotted bluebells on the hillside and couldn't miss the opportunity to get up close
They were simply beautiful. a carpet of bluebells and because the route isn't as well travelled these days since the Art Council rarely put on displays in the Longside gallery it has given the bluebells the opportunity to flourish.
Hubby grabbed this shot of me
and some very atmospheric shots of the woodland
The old man is still up on the hillside
up close his face is stunning

and the sphere in the park was looking stunning with the light refraction
Still plenty of blossoms in the park as well
and we stopped at the learning centre for a latte and shared a lemon tart and bakewell, believe it or not cut with a wooden stirring stick - where there is a will as they say.
Then back into the working week this week. On Tuesday night we had a knock at the door and our new neighbours came to say hello which was lovely he also brought gifts that his partner had made which were enjoyed with a cuppa that evening.
Wednesday night we went to town to see Key for Two, a brilliant play done by a local am-dram theatre which we really enjoyed, some proper laugh out loud moments.
And that my lovely people is my week, I hope yours has been grand too.









2 comments:
Love the shot of you with the bluebells! they look fabulous in sunshine. I love the old man on the hillside, too. Just got home from Kew - I booked a couple of days off round the bank holiday as today is 1 May and members early opening starts, so got in an extra 8am trip. Enjoy your weekend. Helen xx
You had a great week by the sounds of it. A day out shopping with your daughter in law. I am also very fortunate that I have (three) wonderful daughters in law, that I love dearly. Only I don't get to see them that often.
The bluebells are gorgeous! A bakewell tart and a lemon tart! So very English. I'm drooling.
The old man on the hill is stunning. You are so lucky to have the sculpture park on your doorstep.
Happy May!,
Lisca
Post a Comment