Sunday, 22 February 2026

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 8TH OF 2026

 I know I'm late apologies, let us pretend it is Friday. 


So I didn't report back on my week away last week.  We had been to Center Parcs for a Monday to Friday break, me, hubby, my sister, our son and daughter-in-law and our Grandson on his first ever holiday! 

The villa we had was lovely and in part of the park we haven't done before.  We went to the quiz on Monday night and we won (never before has that been a thing), our Grandson looked just as pensive as us during the quiz. 


And his Dad had to help his Mum get her drink when she had her hands full which made me giggle. 


They had winter lights at the village, we went in the day and these three were trying to beat each other on the lights trail.  I was tormenting my sister on the littlest bike as she is an avid spin class fan - you can tell you is impressed with my sarcasm!  


We spotted a few snow drops around the park 


And enjoyed a walk to the bird hide, we had to giggle that we hadn't seen the giant woven spider in the tree on the way down. 


The fungi on some of the trees was amazing


And as you can see the fresh air helped keep this one chilled and relaxed


We went to the evening illuminated lights despite the rain



I love this tree, I would genuinely have it at home 


We grabbed family photos


And spooky shots over the misty lake


I wore my newly knitted scarf which I finished whilst I was there. 


We spotted this truck in the park and it raised a smile or two for those Toy Story fans


The rain meant there was plenty of water gushing on the waterfalls


We came home on the Friday and on the Saturday it was hubby's birthday, as I didn't have the respective numbers we made him 21 again, which he really didn't mind.  Everyone came over for a pancake party, hubby making 60 pancakes in readiness on the Friday we came back and then we laid on fruit and chocolate spread and Biscoff spread etc for everyone.  


Hubby got me some beautiful roses for Valentine's day and they are still going strong


I ordered some new wool to start another scarf


and we had pancakes on Tuesday being pancake day


We went out on Thursday this week for a meet up with family at Ikea and to enjoy a breakfast and our grandson turned up with his Mum, I love the little tuft of hair.  


I will leave you with the cheekiest shot that we took.


I hope you've had a great week. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

I was glad to read the post and to see you had a good time away,It looks like your grandson enjoyed his first holiday! the lights looked great,(love that tree also!) despite the rain. thanks for dropping by Kew from yesterday. Have a good week ahead . Helen xx