Morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well I'm having to prep this post before I've technically finished my week, so apologies for that, but needs must.
I have been catching up on my scrapbooking recently, as some of you may know it ground to a halt after my Mum passed away last year and I genuinely struggled to get going again. However, with the great craft room sort out and hubby's gentle encouragement I've finally started making headway through a fairly epic pile of photographs if I'm honest.
Here is what I've done recently with a kit I put together, with a colourway that I wouldn't normally choose myself if truth be told, but it was fun to work outside my comfort zone. These go back to 2023
Stag and hen weekend at Center Parcs
The start of the stag and hen weekend, when the quiz is always critical
Trip to Stafford a couple of years ago.
A date night when we were in Stafford.
and another
More pictures, this was when my Mum gate crashed the stag party when the girls went to the spa, she hadn't long finished chemo and didn't feel up to it.
The first none castle based Shakespeare at Stafford, it was good just not as good as the Bridge Theatre one, that one takes some beating.
On our way to the restaurant at Center Parcs
When we first got to Center Parcs and Mum's mobility scooter wasn't ready so they loaned us a wheelchair, it was hard for me to see my Mum like this, even though we knew things were hard, she loved feeling independent.
The other thing I was grateful for this week was the amarylis gift that I got provided with at work, we'd ended up with them in centre and one of my colleagues passed it to me, I thought that I would have a go at growing the bulb eventually, little did I realise it had already been potted and because it had been put in my warm utility room it had decided it was time to grow so when I went out there the other week it's flower head was peeking out the side of the box, it genuinely made me laugh and think of Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors.
So I got it out of the box, watered it, found an plant pot (albeit that the outer pot is designed for a much bigger plant) and popped it in the window and it has loved it ever since.
I've genuinely no idea if it will come back again (I need to check them out as a bulb) but it has been lovely to see it happily enjoying it's window position and has definitely raised a smile.
I've also loved reading recently, it has been such a joy to escape into a book if you know what I mean, both me and hubby are having a fab time reading currently.
I hope you've had a grand week too.
Hugs








.jpg)




1 comment:
It is great to see you scrapping again and catching up with old memories. Some lovely layouts there! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week and the weekend ahead. Helen xx
Post a Comment