Morning all tis Friday time to clock those silver linings and positive moments on
Then I headed into work for a meeting which was shorter than expected so that was a win win in my book.
Hubby treated me to a new book 'the Christmas Tree Farm' from the Dream Harbour series.
Saturday was a busy day around the house, we managed to get both cars washed and cleaned, I also caught up on the washing which was beginning to pile up and put in the room with the dehumidifier which is an absolute blessing at this time of the year in aiding getting the washing dry and keeping the atmosphere dry with wet washing about.
Sunday was our kick back day, we had a leisurely start, enjoyed a walk around the locality, early afternoon shower followed by a 'hygge' afternoon, which means we lit the fire, got comfortable on the sofa and read, I finished the Ultra Processed People book which is something of an eye opener, I'm also enjoying reading a Hygge home book and finished the Cinnamon bun Bookstore and started the Christmas Tree Farm book.
Monday and back into work mode, Tuesday hubby was back volunteering on the boats and Wednesday he was driving for my workplace as a volunteer so he had a busy week. I was desperately hoping that would be my working week done, but on recollection at home on Wednesday evening, with meetings booked pretty wall to wall in the next couple of weeks I knew that I needed to cut some additional hours out. Hubby suggested Thursday so that's what I did for 6 hours on Thursday whilst he was busy sorting the doors in the house that have swollen and started to stick, another grateful now that he has sorted them is that they all open and close with ease.
Thursday evening and we had pre-theatre dining booked with my sister and then went to the theatre to watch Nativity the musical, which was excellent, a local theatre group - but done on a grand scale, incredibly impressed and a great start to the festive season (I know it's early but let's be honest Christmas creep starts in August these days, so November at least feels like we are heading into the festive season).
I took photos of our food because it was delicious, this was a smoked salmon 'cheesecake' on an oat biscuit with raddichio and beurre blanc
I'm also grateful to our son, who sent a text message to his Aunty this week, she is struggling and felt so happy that he'd taken time out of his busy week to check in on her and then my niece for also checking in with her Mum, it is lovely to see the younger generation being so thoughtful. Not forgetting my daughter-in-law who when I explained that my diary for work (paper diary, I'm old school that way) had more crossings out and I was too late to source an academic diary to tide me through, offered me her second Twinkl diary that she wasn't using and said 24 year old dropped it off for me on Wednesday - like I said awesome young people being incredibly thoughtful, it means a lot.
I hope you've all had a beautiful and blessed week
Hugs









1 comment:
you had a busy week (my work week was full on too). The Halloween windows looked great - didn't get any trick or treaters here (although I don't have porch lights on when I get in )but saw a few out on my way home from work. Have a good weekend. Helen
Post a Comment