Saturday, 7 September 2024

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 36TH OF 2024

 Morning all (I know I'm a day late but time for) 


Well last week we were at the end of August, the summer starting to have an autumnal feel in the early morning.  

We had decided to go to Chatsworth Country Fayre on the Saturday, so Friday was spent sourcing foodstuffs in readiness.  

Saturday we set off bright and early, unlike last year when we had a whole tribe of people, this year it was just me, hubby and my sister. 

We were there just gone 9am, the park already filling up and stood to have a bacon and sausage sandwich and a cuppa before we set out on our day.  The sun was already breaking through, we had a wander around the craft stalls and then headed to the main arena for the mounted games, horses basically racing up and down whilst their owners vault on and off them, great fun to watch if I'm honest and a great start to the day.  


At the end of the games rosettes are handed out this year they had Alan Titchmarsh there doing the honours. 


We then headed over to the food area to browse the stalls which were really busy and then back to see the birds of prey and the country dancers on the stage.  

Then we headed along the stalls for an hour or so before heading back to the car for lunch and a drink, it was very warm out so we definitely needed the refreshments. 

After lunch we enjoyed watching the crazy acrobatic aeroplane stunts


before carrying on wandering, this is always a sight for me at Chatsworth


As is this


We headed back to the car around 6pm, finished off the picnic with a scone from the Signature Scone man and a cup of tea and waited to see if there would be any hot air balloons, alas none were visible so heading up 7pm we set off, before realising we had no photos of us three, so quick selfie shot. 


Sunday was definitely a day of rest as we had done 17,000 steps on Saturday, hubby had done 20,000.  We chilled watched TV and did plenty of reading before the working week commenced again. 

I've had another busy week, very audit focused but not bad overall.  Wednesday hubby was doing a boat trip so we had a quick tea that evening. 

Thursday and my annual autumn deep clean took on a whole new level of sorting, genuinely spent all day making headway and almost stopped around 3pm, but decided to plough on and to be honest, the majority is done.  I can tell I'm keeping top side of things better because it didn't take as long as normal.  

Hubby's car also went in for its MOT and surprised us all by passing first time, which we were amazed at. 

And that is my lot for this week, I hope you've had a grand week as well. 

Hugs

2 comments:

Helen said...

I had been checking for this so it's good to see you! great day at Chatsworth if an awful lot of steps!! Happy weekend.

mamapez5 said...

Hi Virginia. I visited today to wish you happy birthday but I see you haven't posted yet thie week. Too busy celebrating I hope.
I lovethe country fairs and this looks like a good one, with plenty to keep you busy all day. You were there for a long time,and certainly totted up some steps, so you deserved a rest the next day.
Well done on the annual deep clean. We should do it more often as our major clear out during the past few weeks has proved to be a very dusty affair. But it is a job well done all the same.
Hopefully you will have a more relaxed weekend this week. Kate x