Friday, 30 August 2024

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 35TH OF 2024

Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for


Well last weekend was a bank holiday weekend so an extra day, I always feel sad on the August bank holiday because the next one we get is then Christmas when we've hunkered down for winter. 

Thursday had been a busy day on the garden, still digging, lifting and shifting.  So Friday we kicked back a bit and went to see Twisters at the cinema.  It was a very good film and both me and hubby enjoyed the film immensely.  

We picked a few items up for hubby whilst we were at the shopping centre as well, always good to tick things off the list, although the centre was busy as parents gear up for the return to school. 

Saturday we had a lovely chilled day in the garden, reading and chatting and we had a meal in just the two of us on Saturday which we both really enjoyed. 

We went to Doddington Hall to see their sculpture trail on Sunday.  We had never been to Doddington before, it is a beautiful hall created by the same builder as Hardwick (which was obvious from the design).  


The house is still lived in so it is only open a couple of days per week and the gardens had extensive sculptures for sale (over 300) which was brilliant, we had a long day there before heading home. 

This was one of my favourite sculptures and it wasn't very big (hubby's photo is deceiving), called the rescuer. 


I also liked the clay mole


The gardens were extensive as you can see. 


Hubby thought this was a fun shot


And we liked the Icarus sculpture inside the gallery



I also liked the large glass sculptures and the glove which inverted them


and this was mighty cute too


Monday was quiet, we enjoyed the dry weather, I got some washing sorted, I also started to ail for some sort of late summer cold, which wasn't great and ended up feeling fairly rough at work on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

Thursday we had another busy garden day and definitely turned the corner if I'm honest and I can now see the end in sight for getting the garden where we need it to be before the autumn/winter properly set in. 

And that my lovely people is it for this week, I hope you've had a grand week too. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

I hate getting colds in summer, hope you are feeling better. Love the sculptures at Doddington, especially the round glass one. Have a good weekend. Helen xx