Friday, 1 September 2023

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 35TH OF 2023

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for


Well it has been another very very busy week it has to be said, last Thursday hubby had a day off from work and spent the day (over 12 hours) at my Mum's house creating a 'catio' - cat patio.  We both returned when I was off on Friday to complete the task.  We opened the catio officially on Friday afternoon and Murphy (my Mum's cat) obliged by having a wander around it.  He has subsequently enjoyed wandering in and out since it was opened.  It now provides my Mum with more fresh air in the kitchen (because she can have the window wide open).  Murphy still goes out on reins (my Mum lives on a stupidly busy main road) to enjoy the garden but is thoroughly thriving going in and out of the house and having his own outdoor space, so the time and effort were definitely worth it. 

Here he is at the bottom


and here he is wandering down the ramps. 


On Saturday we headed over to said 23 year old and d-i-law to continue stripping the staircase and start the repapering. 

As you can see it is a particularly high staircase space but hubby and said 23 year old managed to get some paper on the walls whilst me and d-i-law managed to complete the stripping of the wallpaper at the top of the stairs.  We didn't get it completed (unsurprisingly) but we definitely made some good headway. 


Sunday and we had a day to stop, utterly shattered from the previous two days, well stop - erm I did catch up on washing and clean through the house and hubby put away lots of the tools he had had out. 

Monday was another 'rest' day, we went food shopping and I treated myself to some flowers I love the colourway


then I spent a couple of hours putting some new bedding plants in the back garden in readiness for autumn.  

We enjoyed watching a few programmes in the evening and then we were suddenly back at work as tuesday had arrived. 

The rest of the work was very very busy (as usual), but I made headway on some long term things that needed sorting so that is always a positive. 

I hope you've all had a grand week as well. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

You deserve a restful weekend this weekend but i bet you'll be hard at it again! the flowers beautiful. happy Friday!