Good Evening lovely people I am a tad late
Well last weekend we had a busy day on Friday we spent a couple of hours at said 22 year old and d-i-law's flat continuing with the wallpapering of the staircase. Afterwards we headed home to shower as it was mighty warm and then we went out first to purchase a new mattress as I've been really struggling recently with our old one and also purchasing items for a picnic that we needed for Saturday before heading home and preparing the same.
Saturday arrived and we were up at 6am and hubby set too and cooked bacon and sausage sandwiches which were wrapped up in foil and packed into an insulated bag. We then packed the car up and set off in a little convoy of 3 cars and arrived at Chatsworth before 9am. The cloud was low lying and they'd forecast it being cloudy until late afternoon.
We had a wander amongst the stalls and then went to watch the mounted games, by the time we got there the grand stand was full, but we enjoyed the fun nonetheless watching the ponies race up and down with their riders bouncing on and off their ponies.
We then had the parachutists land
and the spitfire close overhead
By lunchtime the clouds were clearing and blue skies dawning with a rather warm sun (so warm that we were caught on the hop and most of us caught the sun).
The carousel always marks Chatsworth for me
and the helter skelter
We popped back to the cars at lunch and had a full blown picnic which was lovely and then headed back to the stall and then back for a teatime picnic as we had definitely overcatered.
For us it always signals the start of autumn, there are a few trees at the bottom of the park that are already turning, but what it actually marked was the beginning of this ridiculous heatwave we are currently suffering.
Sunday was needless to say a kickback day, but after a full family day on the Saturday my heart was full.
The rest of the week has been made crazy as always, very very busy at work currently and I find myself on Friday. This next week daughter-in-law has her neurology appointment positive vibes and prayers would be much appreciated.
I hope you've had a lovely week.
Hugs

.jpg)


2 comments:
certainly wishing DIL all the best for good news. the day at Chatsworth looks fabulous, I've just got home from work - late as I had things to get done before a week of (yay!) Think it will be too hot for Kew tomorrow, it's a late entry due to a fun-run inside so by then it will be heading for 30degrees... luckily next week is meant to be more bearable. have a great rest of Friday and week!
Hi Virginia. Sorry I have been absent for so long. As you have probably seen, I have been somewhat occupied elsewhere. Now I am back and slowly settling into our quiet routines. You Family day out sounds wonderful. I am so glad it stayed dry for you and even got quite warm. I had a mix of wet, warm and even sunny days during last month but the heat wave came just after I left and got home to grey skies, rain and air filled with Sahara sand! Such is life. The sun is back today and I am catching up on more washing.
I was wondering if there had been any follow up to your DIL's problems. I will keep her in my thoughts this week. I hope the news is good.
Enjoy the late sunshine and look forward to lovely autumn colours. Kate x
Post a Comment