Morning all
Tis Friday (ahem Sunday)
time for
So last Friday we had a busy day cleaning, you know one of those when it goes beyond the 'quick whisk around with a duster and the hoover' and turns into a full blown sort. Well my planned hour of cleaning turned into three and a quarter hours but the house was far better for it at the end, so I really mustn't grumble.
We then headed out and picked up some autumnal bits I was after and enjoyed crafting in the afternoon turning the items into other things. I altered some pillow cases to make cushion covers and then the remnants I made a runner for the table.
In the afternoon we both headed for the craft tables for a few hours, before we got ready and headed out for a birthday meal. Hubby was making a ring for said 23 year old to give to his wife with a piece of rutillated quartz that he had bought, hubby was on a mission to finish it.
The finished items
and hubby enjoyed some 'smithing' time.
We had a lovely meal in a local pub celebrating not only my birthday but also said 23 year old's birthday and my Mum's hubby's birthday too, so celebrations all around.
Saturday and off to do some more decorating at said 23 year old's place. We managed to get a bit more papering done, hubby took out some wood and some coat hooks that they wanted rid of and then filled the same and we set too with some beautiful green paint on the stairs. It is really starting to take shape now.
Sunday we enjoyed bringing the boat back from the basin in Sheffield, it was a very early start but thoroughly enjoyable it has to be said. There was me and hubby, said 23 year old, my sister (as she's doing her boat training) and my Mum as well as a host of other volunteers. It is always a fun day albeit very tiring.
Monday and a day working from home on funding bids and the rest of the week rushed along at a merry old pace if I'm honest, far too much work but it had to be done. Thursday we managed to submit the funding bid as well as preparing other documentation that needed sorting before I found myself at Friday.
Apologies for my tardiness on this post, I've been meaning to get it done all weekend, but it just didn't happen!









2 comments:
sorry I am so late visiting, not sure how i have only just realised I hadn't done so yet..... hoping your week has been going well. Happy eer - Thursday!! Helen xx
I am not surprised you were late posting. That was a very busy weekend. The quartze ring is beautiful, so well done hubby. The boat trip always looks lovely, especially when the sky is so blue.
You are making great headway with the decotating. that couple will have a beautiful home when it is all done. Kate x
Post a Comment