Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well it has been a bit of quieter week this week, but on Sunday last week I did an autumnal Wreath making class with my Mum we had a lovely afternoon, with a lady I met when said 21 year old started school as her son is the same age, it was lovely to catch up and reminisce.
We had a box full of goodies to work with as it is predominantly a living wreath, we had a midway stop where I enjoyed a cup of tea and a beautifully decorated cake and my Mum enjoyed a class of red wine and some cake, before we completed our wreath.
Here is mine hung on my main door outside
and a photo of my Mum and her finished wreath, it really was lovely to spend a few hours together.
Next up on Monday hubby got me another microwaveable pot for work, as the weather is turning decidedly cooler the cold breakfast doesn't hold quite the same appeal as it did in summer, so he picked this up so I can have porridge at work.
Talking of hubby a mahoosive thank you to him for coming in and helping, it is quieter in the office when the kids are on half term, so I made the most of things and got a significant amount of scanning done, but with scanning comes shredding and I was drowning in paperwork, so for two days solid he worked our little office shredder (almost to death), so we could have a clean and tidy office once more and his pay being a volunteer, was a rather large bacon and sausage sandwich on the second day.
He also then volunteered for a trip up to the Sheffield basin yesterday, my updates of where he was were of this style, as you can imagine it didn't really give an awful lot away, which did make me laugh.
and then after an exhausting week, we headed out for a date night together to IKEA of all places, but it was nice not to cook or have any washing up.
Other positives this week, my Mum went in for a drain fitting again and this time they took off 3 litres, I'm hoping that the targeted treatment really starts to make a difference for her.
I went for an ultrasound scan and discovered good old Fenton the fibroid is still causing me major grief, which I knew but had confirmed, so I've now got a telephone conversation with my own Doctors to discuss this next week.
We enjoyed a few fun films last Sunday, just me, hubby and said 21 year old, Jungle Cruise which we'd seen at the cinema was definitely an enjoyable watch again and then we watched Free Guy, the concept of which is rather excellent.
I hope you've all had a lovely week, I'll come and visit Helen, Kate and Lisca's posts as soon as I get chance.
Hope you've all had a good week
Hugs
3 comments:
I love those wreaths. I hope they hold up well for a nice long time.
Hubby must have visited Lidl's as I bought the same microwave pot for myself yesterday!
I smiled at all the shredding. I always get impatient and overload ours so it jams. Well done him for sticking with it all day. One bacon and sausage sandwich well earned. Kate x
Hi, Virginia, just catching up on your week, great to see your wreath as well as your Mum's; both are just gorgeous. Glad you got a date night with hubby last week. I am getting up ready for Kew and expecting rain most of the time I am there... joy! Take care. Helen xx
Oh what a beautiful wreath! It must have been a super day. You also got to spend some time with your mum and got to eat that lovely cake, that looks too good to eat really.
You made me smile with your date night at Ikea. But it makes sense as it is a place you both enjoy, so why not. I love that photo of your hubby! He looks like he is ready to tuck into his fish and chips.
How sweet of him to buy you that little microwave bowl for your porridge. I know exactly what you mean. I used to take porridge with me to work to have breakfast. I would cook the porridge the night before and then just take cold porridge in a microwaveable bowl.
Sorry I'm late commenting. Hope you are having a good week,
Big hugs,
Lisca
Post a Comment