Friday, 22 October 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 43RD OF 2021

Good Morning lovely people I hope I find you well, time for 


Well as you can imagine, this week has been mainly catching up on things given that we were away last week.  Saturday was spent washing clothes when we got back, so I'm immensely grateful that I had a few hours drying time even if it did then need a day or two on the airers inside. 

Sunday and I was all set for another day of sorting jobs around the house, but when we visited the British Ironworks Museum we missed out on seeing the Knife Angel.  It is a sculpture created from 100,000 knives that we handed in during an amnesty in the UK some years ago with a final destination of London.  Unfortunately at the point of completion the knife angel was seen as something that promoted the UK as potentially dangerous and would poorly reflect on the capital, so it never got to its destination.  As a result a petition was started to get it to its rightful home but in the meantime it has done a tour of places that agreed to do some education work around knife crime and this time it was in the beautiful town of Chesterfield. 

This is the sculpture and the wings have messages from family affected by knife crime engraved on the knives


Hubby caught this flight of pigeons as he photographed the angel's wings


The back of the wings


The facial expression is a mix of sadness and anger in my opinion and it was really moving to see in person


Finally we managed to take a lovely shot of the church, which is obviously very famous for its twisted spire, we couldn't go into the church given that it was Sunday and there were services but it was lovely to see.


The rest of the week has been mighty busy and I sit here on Thursday most definitely shattered and ready for my PJ's and family chat with my Mum and whoever else is available. 

I hope you've had a lovely week, I'll happen over to Kate and Lisca's normal Friday post and obviously check out Helen's lovely trip to Kew. 

Much love

2 comments:

Helen said...

it's a very poignant sculpture, but what an awful waste of life...hope you have a restful weekend and enjoy your virtual trip to Kew!! there's another one coming of course! hugs xx Helen

mamapez5 said...

I am glad you got to see the Knife Angel. I was gutted to miss it. It was in my home town of Oswestry last time I was over but it moved on one day before I could visit it.
I love the photo of the flock of birds behind the wings.
Hope you had a good family chat. I love the times I get to chat with my sister and our boys.
Wishing you a smooth week with not too many ups and downs. take care. Kate x