Good morning lovely people tis Friday already time for
So last weekend was quiet yet again, we had a fairly rapid thaw on the snow, our boiler man came to see our increasingly noisy boiler (despite the fact it is less than 3 year's old) thankfully that is covered by warranty so we have the company coming out this week to take a look.
Friday was a quiet day as we avoided the icy pavements and stayed put, we ventured out on Saturday as we need some essential items from the Range and B&M, thankfully we got what we needed and headed home as we are still on national lockdown. I spent some of the weekend on a Christmas project (Christmas 2021, yes I am being essentially the most organised person in the world at the moment - blame the lockdown). I also had a lovely weekend reading books (and reading three at the moment and went from one to the other over the weekend), enjoying our woodburning stove and definitely enjoying a drink with hubby. As those that follow my blog will know I'm teetotal and have been for heading up three years, whilst I really don't miss drinking you do sometimes tire of tea and coffee and pop just doesn't feel grown up enough, so you can imagine my delight when I got my hands on this.
It has proved an absolute hit for me, mixed with tonic it definitely has a gin like taste which has made me very happy, so now when hubby is having a G&T I can have one too.
Work is still very busy as it has been throughout the pandemic, I had one day in the office this week and there were still people coming in asking for help, so our services are still very much needed.
I must admit the lockdown is proving harder than I thought probably because it seems never ending and because we have poor weather and shorter days. So I decided to take a day off work today (thursday) my boss authorised me to take the time off and I'm so glad I did.
I treated myself and had a relaxing lavender bath last night, I rarely have baths and shower as standard as I have a dodgy back, but it was nice to have a soak and read a book, something I haven't done in an age.
Today we were woken by the phone and the boiler man, but he wasn't here long as he's had to order a part, I spent some time sorting through my scrapbook papers as I was adamant that I had bought a Christmas pack, I went through all my papers to discover that I had obviously just window shopped and not actually bought them, but the positive was I sorted my papers and dusted the tops off.
I then spent the afternoon making Christmas gifts for work colleagues for Christmas 2021 which didn't take too long, I've bought a bag for under the bed to store anything if I buy things as I go this year and I'm having great fun filling it up.
The rest of the afternoon has been spent looking at a new mini book design so that I can crack on with some of the books that I make through the year for friends. My current template is OK, but won't fit the bill for what I want it to do, so I'm back to the drawing board at the moment, but with a cunning plan.
I hope you have had a good week and hope you have managed to stay safe during these difficult times.
If you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit.


3 comments:
hope your boiler part arrives soon, it isn't the weather to be without! I do like a soak in the bath,but never read in it as i don't like the books getting damp. Hope you have a good weekend x
I'd love a wander round the Range right now. My sister and I always go there when I visit her. We have nothing comparable around here. But right now we are confined to the village anyway, so really only essential food shops and small ones at that.
I have made my first Christmas card this week, but that is as far as I have got.
Stay safe and keep off the icy roads if you can. Kate x
I am glad you like the gin. I have seen it advertised. I am not a gin drinker, but unfortunately I don't drink, wine, beer, pop or coffee either. So it is a good thing I love a cup of tea. I also have a range of fruit and herbal infusions. But I know what you mean about sitting at home with someone who has a drink, or in a bar. I am not a complete tea total-er, but I cannot handle more than one alcoholic drink when we are out. I used to be able to so I think it disagrees with one of the medications I take.
I am hoping to make a mini-book over the next few weeks. I have been watching some youtube videos to give me ideas.
I'd love to be able to pop into the Range. It is a unique sort of shop with lots of all sorts. They have craft stuff and household items. I'd love to just wander around. But there is no such thing here. All we have is those huge Chinese pound shops, that sell absolutely everything, but the quality is nothing like The Range.
Christmas crafts? You do seem organized! And a box under the bed for presents! How extremely organized! Well done you. Get it as soon as you can, before a lot of shops go bankrupt or we are not allowed out at all anymore.
I just read that online purchases are going to be more expensive for British people as you have to pay VAT, and import tax as well as postage. (Unless you find something manufactured in Britain). What a nightmare.
That 0% gin looks just the ticket! Does it really taste like the real deal? What does your hubby say? Has he tried it? It will be the ideal thing to have if you have to drive.
I also read a lot. What are you reading? I have just finished three thrillers by Tess Gerritsen. Brilliant.
And I've now taken to knitting socks. I listen to podcasts while I knit.
I've just seen that you are in for a lot of snow tonight and tomorrow. Do be careful when you go out.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Post a Comment