Friday, 15 January 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 3RD OF 2021

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for


Well we have had another quiet week (unsurprisingly), we didn't really venture far last weekend with the current national lockdown, but did make the most of getting a daily walk in around the neighbourhood which was definitely good for the brain if that makes sense. 

We enjoyed a weekend of book reading, planning and crafting as well as some lovely food as we put the new Pinch of Nom recipe book through its paces.  


I kept in contact with family through facetime, I genuinely don't know what we would have done without this modern technology over the last 12 months and it will definitely alter the way I communicate with family as we move forward. 

Said 20 year old and his GF came and helped at the food bank at work, as demand increases as families struggle through January, the need for more volunteers was obvious and so they came and took our parcels to around 8 families, which was brilliant of them. 


He has been keeping himself busy before Uni restarts enjoying building models, this one his first. 



Yesterday we woke to rain, but within half an hour we had snow and it didn't stop all day and despite the statement about it being too wet to settle, when it doesn't stop all day this is an actual lie.  It settled and was a good 6 inches by the end of the day, I'd had a busy working day and broke off before we hit darkness for a walk before finishing off my working day, I was glad to get out, but I'd forgotten how hard work snow is to walk in. 






And finally a big thank you to hubby who came across the new 0% Gordon's Gin on an advert this week and went out of his way to track it down for me.  I enjoyed a very lovely gin and tonic last night, without breaking my teetotal-ness - so thank you Gordon's for thinking about us none drinkers who do occasionally like a grown up drink!  

And that my lovely people is my week this week, I hope yours has been grand, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit. 

2 comments:

mamapez5 said...

That was a good fall of snow in the end. It is very beautiful and makes everywhere look so 'clean and tidy', but i do not have the urge to go out walking in it. I am unsteady enough on my feet without plodding through snow!
It was good of the young ones to help distribute the food. It is so sad how many folks have had to turn to food banks to put a meal on the table. You are part of a good organisation there.
Like you I am so reliant on social media to keep in touch with the family. We use WhatsApp and Messenger but they are getting a bit intrusive so we are experimenting with Signal and Cloud talk. But all of them have enabled us to chat as if we were in the same room, and it has helped a lot while visits are just not possible.
I know you must be very busy at work right now, but I hope you have some 'me time' too- Stay safe. Kate x

Helen said...

sorry I am late catching up, I am afraid I forgot to track back in my reading pane after work yesterday! Hope your snow doesn't hang around too long - we had a very little first thing this morning (Surrey) but it's raining now.... I do like snow to look at, but not to try and get anywhere in! Love said 20 year old's GF's hair! great that they are helping out the less fortunate. Have a good week. Helen xx