Friday, 19 June 2020

Rocking Your world Friday - 25th of 2020

Afternoon lovely people tis Friday time for 


Well this week we should have been in Cornwall, but instead we've had a staycation at home, we have continued to work through our list of jobs that needed resolving and have managed to clear a fair few this week including painting a room and sorting some jobs outside, although the weather has hardly been in our favour. 

We've also managed to pick up a few things that we needed/wanted and we've managed three trips out albeit with social distancing.

Our first trip of the week was to Brodsworth and whilst the hall is closed the gardens which are always lovely to wander are back open. 


I loved the shaft of sunlight in the gardens as we wandered


We missed the laburnum arch in flower this year unfortunately with the pandemic but it was nice to see them replanting the formal gardens


The sunken garden was bright and warm as always at this time of year 


We also managed a selfie in the sweet smelling rose garden


Enjoyed seeing the busy hives


The masked statue I always find strange


And probably the prettiest picture I've taken this year, the church in the grounds of Brodsworth really is picture postcard worthy


Tuesday was a house day but on Wednesday we managed a wander out to Worsbrought mill for a walk which was lovely despite having to dodge the odd puddle and enjoy the dappled shadow of the trees




Again we managed a selfie, this time make up free


The rest of the week has tripped along at a merry old pace and we've definitely made a dent on our bank account, but it has been nice to stop and enjoy some us time.

One last grateful this week was a neighbour bringing around a black forest tray bake


It was absolutely stunning if I'm honest and was lovely to share with said 19 year old and his gf.

And that my lovely people is the week that was, I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in then pop back and link up and we can come and visit (although I'm guessing Kate and Lisca will already have posted).



1 comment:

Helen said...

Great photos - not the holiday you were expecting, but the days out look great fun. Yum to the traybake, too, makes me realise it's dinner time and I'm hungry! Have been back to working in the office this week, which was good but strange after 3 months of working only from home. Have a lovely weekend