Friday, 22 November 2019

Rocking Your World Friday - 47th of 2019

Good morning lovely people

Tis Friday time for 


Thank you for the messages about not being well, I'm still struggling if truth be told and ended up with not one but two Doctor's appointments, the second Doctor decided I probably wasn't going to fight this off on my own and needed antibiotics, it meant another day off work which didn't amuse me as I've got far too much on at the moment, but I had to just let my body rest to try and recover.  Still taking the tablets and the paracetamol as the coughing leads to some pretty rubbish headaches and my head is still full, but I'm still smiling and I'm really hoping this thing will do one really soon as I'm royally bored of it now.  So the grateful in this part of my post people is you lovely people being so - well lovely! 

Next up was the photo below, it is very very rare, that we get a 'new' photo of my Dad, he passed away in 1989 and as we all know photo processing wasn't exactly cheap back then, so photos are very few and far between.  But look at that smile! 


We had a walk around the local shopping centre recently, the decorations seem to be lacking on the lower deck but there are some at certain points in the upper part, it's a shame as I remember how much effort they used to put into decorating the centre - alas no more. 


Me and hubby managed to drag ourselves out for a walk, I was desperately in need of some fresh air. 


The colours are now definitely yellow, but it was lovely just to be out in the fresh air if I'm honest. 

We visited the local garden centre and had a wander around their decorations, I really shouldn't have liked this tree, but I really did - the theme - under the sea, they had all sorts of things for sale to decorate it, from jelly fish to mermen and I loved the use of plain glass baubles to look like bubbles!





We managed to go and see Gaia on her last night again and took my Mum with us, she was amazed at the size of it, as the photos had been deceptive. 


And this fabulous photo of my Mum 


I also liked the signs downstairs in relation to highlighting the need for addressing climate change.



I've been making for Christmas, this is one of my usual makes that I do every year having saved our coffee jars and they are always fun to make.  I was going to share it on my Instagram feed but I've having so much trouble getting on there at the moment and keep being told someone is attempting to log in from far flung places, which definitely isn't me.  I'm in contact with the help centre, but it has been days now and if they can't sort it, I'm seriously considering retiring my feed as I have found it actually quite distressing. 


And that my lovely people are my silver linings for the week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link and we can come and visit. 

3 comments:

Lisca said...

I'm glad you have so many silver linings while you are feeling so ill. I do hope you will recover soon with the antibiotics and taking it easy.
Great photos again. Yes, I love your mum holding up the world!
That sea-inspired Christmas tree is beautiful. Very unusual. I like it (although I would not buy it. I probably couldn't afford it either)
What a great photo of your dad. Yes, in them days we had very few photos. My dad had a camera with 36 exposures and we only had them developed once a year, and we looked at all those moments we had completely forgotten about.
Take care of yourself. And rest as much as you can.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Sorry you are still struggling Virginia. As you can see, I have the lurgy too. Virus acknowledge no boundaries! I am hoping I can shake it off a bit faster than you as I have so many commitments in the next few weeks.
I kind of liked the sea-themed tree too, especially the jelly fish, though it is a strange combination for Christmas.
Hope the antibiotics do the trick for you this week. Kate xx

Helen said...

sorry you are still feeling rubbish, I hope the antibiotics work soon and kick it into touch. Love the pic of your mum - such a fun photo. Enjoy your weekend!