Friday, 20 September 2019

Rocking Your World Friday - 38th Friday of 2019

Good Afternoon lovely people this is the 38th Friday of 2019 and so it is time for 


First up may I apologise for not posting last week, it is the first time I have officially missed one since I started this back in the depths of time.  It would have been so easy to miss this one too as life is hectic, but these aren't just part of my normal routine, they are also a way of keeping my sanity chip in place and at the moment I definitely need my sanity chip in place. 

So why no post last week?

Well we had a fabulous mid-week break at Center Parcs.  We switched off phones and tablets and computers and avoided the TV and had a digi detox which was quite honestly fantastic. 

We came back on the 13th when I should have posted but it was my birthday and hubby treated me, so I thought it's fine I'll post the following day and well as they say the rest is history. 

So Center Parcs 

Well what can I say it was absolute bliss, blue skies, forest and family time


There was only 4 of us, me and hubby and said 19 year old and his girlfriend (yes said 19 because after my birthday last Friday was said 19 year old's birthday)

We had great fun for our birthday week, I arranged for them to trial the Aqua Park, so first on with the wet suits


Then floatation jackets


Before heading out onto the lake for a Total Wipeout style half hour


 They ran over obstacles


And fell in the water and had to climb out and had great fun for half an hour.  They had us in stitches as they were laughing so much. 



We also went to a quiz night which was fun and we all enjoyed a spa evening at the Aqua Sauna but I don't have photos of that, so you'll just have to take my word for it that we had fun. 

We saw some gorgeous wildlife, these little guys were happy we had a fairly constant supply of peanuts


And we adored seeing this down at the nature reserve as they've been elusive the last few times we've visited since they cut down some of the tree cover. 


We enjoyed a swim in the main sub-tropical area including venturing to the outdoor pool for a swim.  Those crazy three went on this new water slide known as the cyclone, it looked incredibly scary from where I was swimming but they all assured me what a fabulous time they had had. 


It really was fabulous to stop and chill and take some time out.

We came back on Friday and I enjoyed a meal out with hubby as well as having some beautiful presents from family and friends. 

Then on said 19 year old's birthday we had a get together at ours with more extended family, it was also an opportunity to say goodbye to said 19 year old's girlfriend as she has moved to Lincoln University, we are hoping we still see plenty of her but we shall see. 

I've had a mad crazy and busy week this week, but for those that read frequently you will know that is absolutely nothing new. 

I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back and link up and we can come and visit. 



3 comments:

Helen said...

belated happy birthday to both of you - where do the years go! I was worried when I couldn't find your post last week! It looks as if you had lots of fun though, and well deserved.

Terra said...

That sounds like a fun vacation with your family and son's girlfriend. All those water activities sound wild.

Lisca said...

I'm so glad the reason for your absence is a fun one. Belated happy birthday to you and Said 19 yr old.
I see you had a wonderful time at Centerparcs. We have been to the Spa too and really enjoyed it. That cyclone slide looks very scary I agree. Yes, sometimes it is good to have a 'digi detox'.
Wow, that Aquapark sounds real fun!I can imagine that they were laughing their heads off. It reminds me of Gladiators.
The photo of the squirrel is lovely. They are cheeky though aren't they.
Oh the girl friend has gone to Uni then. I wonder if their relationship lasts now they are apart. It will either strengthen their relationship or ruin it.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca