Good Morning lovely people, a bit slow on the start for the day but without further ado lets see the silver lining, positive moment and reasons I still make the time to post my happy grateful times from the last 7 days
First up some beautiful flowers hubby picked up for me, they really are so very pretty and such a lovely colour
And they are still going strong, over 7 days later
Next up a fabulous day at Chatsworth country fayre, this is one of our summer traditions and for those that have followed my blog for some time you will know that this appears annually on our calendar. As members of Chatsworth we get two tickets with our membership and we bought two extra tickets for said 18 year old and GF.
We wandered down the first aisle which had lots of craft tents and lovely goodies, before heading to the grand arena for the mounted games. Again something we do annually, we grabbed this selfie whilst sat waiting for it to start.
They really are crazy to watch the mounted games, teams from different counties compete to complete courses with varying degrees of task and skills, vaulting on and off the ponies they ride, the ponies always make us smile as it is obvious that they absolutely love racing up and down.
I love the fairground rides, the old traditional ones, they always make for a great photo
And the children all seem to love them
No red arrows this year, but still some crazy aeroplanes stunts
Said 18 year old and GF enjoyed looking at the car displays for sale.
We giggled as said 18 year old's GF tried to reach the pedals as she is tiny
This one was lovely and reminded me of Bumblebee from Transformers - however, crazy price and would have been mighty difficult to park (you can tell I'm not a car person can't you - a to b and back again).
We spotted the poppy appeal parachutists heading for the grand arena as we wandered.
We had a really lovely day, the food stalls are now down in front of the house, so the whole country fayre site is definitely bigger. It meant there were less crowds but it was a mighty busy day for walking.
We headed back to the car for a picnic at lunch, said 18 year old's hair really does need a trim and I told him it resembled a pineapple!
Which resulted in this stare!
The rest of the week have been incredibly busy with work but I noticed a distinct difference in light levels as we headed out to work, the days are definitely drawing in.
It has been a tough week work wise, with far too much to do, however, our lovely Janet who deals with the kitchen and cleaning has saved me more than once this week by providing a bit of toast - much needed sustenance on a mighty busy day!
And that my lovely people is my week. I hope you've had a good one too, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back and link up so we can come and visit.









2 comments:
Firstly Virginia, I pretty sure this is week 36 not 37, but that aside, what a lovely day you had at Chatsworth. I love the Country fayres and shows, and it stayed dry for you which is the main thing.
I guess I have been travelling this road with you for seven years now. I am pretty sure the lad was eleven when I started. What a lovely young man he has grown up to be.
It is nice to have a friend who knows that a slice of toast is just what you need. Don't work too hard. Kate x
Sorry for the late reply, I've been out all day.
You had a lovely day at Chatsworth Fair by the looks of it. Lovely roses and lovely selfie of you two.
I love seeing those old fashioned fairground attractions.
Said 18 yr old's pineapple hairstyle had me chuckling.
I hope this week at work will be less busy. It's wonderful Janet brings you some toast just when you need it. Bless her!
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Post a Comment