Thursday, 15 January 2015

JAPANESE GARDEN MINI BOOK

Morning all sharing more non 12 x 12 items this morning.  This was another mini book gift that I managed for Christmas, made using the now very old Far East papers by DCWV (Die Cuts with a View).  I made the book for my sister, it is utilising the same book style as the Christmas one I shared yesterday (which show the versatility of books as they look completely different depending on the papers you use).


The mini book documents a day trip to a Japanese Garden as part of a birthday treat of my sister who loves all things Japanese.  Whilst we were there we made up some Haikus (which I documented) and enjoyed some tea in the garden.


I used both photos taken and the Haikus to adorn the book, without (hopefully) losing the essence of the book.







It was a lovely day trip out where you got lots of pictures


The book includes pull outs from the pockets which I covered in photos as well






And there was an amazing crystal garden, inside that had been created - the room was quite literally buzzing!












Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Lesley G said...

Where do you keep all your mini books, I struggle for space for my albums alone!

Unknown said...

Wow, great idea. I love that you had a go at the Haiku. Poetry is my other love alongside scrap booking and it's great to combine the two, with your oriental theme

K said...

How clever of you to fill it with your own, relevant Haikus, so unusual.

Claire said...

Lovely mini book and love that used Haikus for journaling.
Claire xx