Morning all tis Friday time for
Well last Friday my sister had invited me to join her to watch Sense and Sensibility. We met up at a Starbucks formerly a hall, which is reportedly haunted. It really is a beautiful building and had a proper catch up prior to our film. Hubby came too but he went to see a different film and our films finished around the same time so a win win.
I've never read nor seen Sense and Sensibility so had no expectations, comparisons or plot and found it to be a lovely watch. Apparently the one done in the early 90's is magical also, so I may have to treat myself to a copy of that for a watch.
Saturday and we decided to head north to York for most of the day. Around this year they host the 'Ghosts in the Garden' which are always fun to track down. Some are really difficult to find and unlike other trails around York you are only given vague information as to where they are, which is fine except when you are trying to spot a lifesized bat, cat or mouse. Weirdly we managed both the bats and mouse but the cat proved elusive. Weirdly York has a permanent cat trail for people to follow and we saw a large number of those on our travels it felt as though the ghost cat was tormenting us if I'm honest.
Around 2pm and 15,000 steps later we'd gathered 53 out of the 70 (albeit that there were at least 4 not accessible) and decided that as it was getting mighty busy (not helped by a huge food festival) that we would head home.
Here are some of our favourites from the day
The lamp lighter was new
Sunday and we went to my sisters so hubby could hang some ornaments and pictures for her. I enjoyed the catch up and the cuppa if I'm honest.
Then we popped to see our son, daughter-in-law and grandson in their home surroundings, we haven't been for an age and watching him now crawling and getting more confident being stood is fantastic. Watching the temper tantrum on a 1 year old however not so much but he really did make us laugh and is such a character.
Monday was a busy work day as was Tuesday. On Tuesday evening we ventured to the local theatre for a touring show of Jane Eyre which we really enjoyed. Hubby didn't know the story and whilst I had the basics it is some time since I read it.
Wednesday and I had a very busy day in work, but it was productive. Then on Thursday I had a hospital appointment, where I'm now officially on the waiting list for a small operation, the wait is around 6 months so for now I'm going to put it down. I'm grateful that they are now at least dealing with the issue.
We came home after the appointment to learn that Microsoft are shelving the publisher programme which left me rather grumpy, I've had to download an alternative for now but it isn't ideal if I'm honest, although I can at least still access the files.
Then we spent the rest of the day in the garden prepping for the winter months. We took down the arbour roof to give it some longevity as it doesn't get used in winter. The tree stump in the house behind us is still growing, so hubby treated it. I did lots of weeding, hubby put down some new slate and weeded the side of the house before we set too on the front garden. We were going to trim the little conifers at the top of the garden but they had got to be anything but little if we are honest, so we took the brave or rather mad decision to take them out. That will obviously be the royal we as the work was done by hubby. It has let a little more light into the house and it looks a bit unsightly at the moment but at least we can make progress.
I also completed some layouts this week, the first in an age, I'm going to attempt to catch up (only 2 years behind).
First up a trip to Brodsworth
Flowers from a friend after my Mum passed away
Hugs







.jpg)





.jpg)

















No comments:
Post a Comment