Friday, 25 September 2026

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 39TH OF 2026

Good morning lovely people tis time to clock the positive moments and silver linings from the last seven days. 

So last Friday we decided to swap out the summer flowers on the outdoor wreath and make it more autumnal I was fairly happy with it when it was done

Then on Saturday we went out to our Grandson's first birthday party, his actual birthday has fallen midweek so my d-in-law organised a meet up at a pub with a soft play centre.  It was lovely to see everyone and everyone enjoyed it. 

He enjoyed the balloon and got lots of presents



Sunday and we headed out for a bit of a nature walk to clock all the changes in the season, from the hawthorn berries


to the second harvest of blackberries that still aren't quite ready


the sky was a beautiful blue with the odd wispy cloud


some of the trees are already on the turn



and we found other berries, some quite poisonous in the arboretum in the next village



These strands of seeds were amazing


and this tree seemed to change colour according to how the sunlight was catching it


At the end of the walk this was our foraged goodies, apples from a tree in the arboretum, we took what we will use.  I found some beautiful autumn leaves including 3 oaks leaves and 3 holly leaves


Wednesday was the autumn equinox and we were up early due to me being at work and hubby volunteering so we got a photo of the sunrise, albeit that the clouds were covering most of it. 


It was also our grandson's first birthday and I got this photo to cheer me on through the day


On Thursday for good measure I got another photo of the sunrise on Thursday as I was up and about early. 


I've noticed the nights starting to draw in now and we are officially past the equinox in the UK so the nights are now longer than the days.  We've made some plans of things we want to do over the autumn and winter months and I'm ready to embrace the seasons. 

I hope you are all well hopefully back to fighting fit Kate and Helen. 

Hugs

2 comments:

Helen said...

Thanks for the call out - work going ok, wrist is sore but have physio Monday so hope to get some exercises to help. Can't believe the little man is 1 - gorgeous pic. love the new wreath too, proper autumnal vibes. Looking to get to Kew tomorrow for the last early opening of the season Ihave really missed my time there. Happy Friday!

Lisca said...

What a beautiful wreath! You always make the most gorgeous wreaths.
Your nature walk is beautiful, blue skies etc and lots of stuff to see.
Happy birthday gorgeous grandson! He has the cutest smile. I've 'known' you since your son was 16 and I bet you never thought then you'd have a grandchild, let alone that he is sooo gorgeous.
Yes, the days are shortening now and autumn is coming. It's time to make plans for the winter.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend. (I'm still in Krakow. Visiting the salt mines today and Auschwitz tomorrow).
xxx Lisca