Good morning lovely people tis Friday time to clock the silver linings and positive moments from the last 7 days as it is time for
First up we went to Ikea last Friday for breakfast and to catch up with our daughter-in-law, grandson and my sister. Here is a fab shot of our grandson enjoying looking at the cars with his Grandad.
I've been off this week and had a 'could do' list, so I decided a spring refresh on the sofa with a change of cushions to help it feel more springlike.
I also got my sewing machine out for a repair and to make some new waterproof cushions for some new seat pads for outside.
The sky one evening was stunning and I had to take a photograph.
I had a potter around the garden on one of the dry days and spruced up the pots.
I'd bought some new violas and planted those out at the same time.
I also bought a new bedding set for the bedroom as the one we have in winter is quite dark, it has made a nice change for it to be brighter in our room as a result.
The moon was stunning one of the evenings and I captured this on my phone.
I ordered a new kit to learn how to crochet after the success of the knitting kit, I haven't started it yet but will let you know how I get on.
We had a very spooky moon on the full moon night
I refreshed my outdoor artificial wreath, well actually hubby did as I was fighting with the wires, but it looks a bit brighter and happier for the update.
I finished the Lego Cornish Pixie that hubby had bought me for Valentine's day, he said it should remind me of him, which confused a little until he mentioned mischievous then it all made sense.
I've also been doing some scrapbooking recently.
I'm still working on 2023 photos, but they have proved fun, these were from the Cotswold Sculpture Park
then Grayson Perry's tapestries at Wentworth Woodhouse
Heading out to see Shakespeare when we were on holiday
more from the sculpture park
and YSP
back to sculpture park
decorating at our son and daughter-in-law's home when they first moved in
and a layout from when they went with my niece and her fiancé to a tufting workshop.
when we redid the stairs
and my sister trying to look angelic after purchasing 15 books at a second hand booksale.
We've also deep cleaned the craft room this week and I've photographed the front of every paper stack I own, 247 in total - gulp that doesn't include the single sheets of paper which took another day to put back into some order, hubby helping me with both tasks because he is a star.
I also finished this excellent poetry book which I bought when we were last at Wentworth Woodhouse, written in a Yorkshire accent and using some amazing rhyming language it was a literary feast.
We went to see Wuthering Heights at the cinema on Monday, I've recently finished reading the book having never having read it before. I loved the book so much depth to the language. The film is very different, but I had been warned about this. Nevertheless, I still loved it and the emblem on the book above is the Needle's Eye a local folly belonging to the original Wentworth Woodhouse estate. It appears in the film in two major scenes, one when the key character is a child and again in adulthood. It is also the place that said 25 year old proposed to his now wife a few years ago.
Then on Wednesday we went to see Othello at the cinema which had been filmed in London, it was excellent, I don't think I've ever disliked Iago in other versions quite so much, played by Toby Jones it really was an amazing watch.
Then on Thursday despite the early morning fog, the sun eventually burnt off the same and we were able to spend several hours sat out on the back enjoying the sunshine, reading and for me knitting.
I hope you've had a splendid week too.
Hugs






























3 comments:
Wow, Virginia, you have packed a lot into a week off, and got so much done! I love your pots in the garden; the sky/moon shots are fantastic, I can never get good photos of the moon either on phone or camera. My working week has been full on. the world of mortgage broking in a time of world turbulence is not a quiet one.and I am looking forward to Kew tomorrow more than ever! Have a great weekend. Helen
That sounds like a good week. Of course I like the sky photos. New bedding and sofa cushions must have given the room a spring lift. It is so good to be able to sit outside for a while isn't it?
I hope you get on okay with the crocheting. I never understand why the started kits always give you thick wool and a chunky hook. I find them the most difficult to use. If you struggle with it, try some double kniting yarn and a size 4 or 4.5 hook. I am sure you will find it easier.
The little one is growing up well. Enjoy him while he is small; they grow up so fast! Thank you for visiting me today. Kate x
My, you have had a busy week. A fun week too by the sounds of it. Your photos of the moon (and that one of the sky) are beautiful.
I love your 'out on he back'. Is it a cabin or a decking area? I remember when you made the wood storing area but I didn't know you had such nice furniture out there. What an amazing space!
No, I have never read Wuthering Heights either. Perhaps I should.
I love your Lego Pixie character!
Well done you for giving crochet a go. It's fun. (And easy).
Have a wonderful weekend,
Lisca
Post a Comment