Good Morning lovely people tis Friday time to clock the silver linings and grateful moments from the last 7 days time for
So last Thursday evening me and hubby had a good walk to a local pub that does excellent food. We went early and I had my favourite meal which is a chicken shish kebab with chips, salad and flat bread it was mighty tasty.
Then we walked back home over the motorway which was still very busy, I was glad I wasn't rushing around in the dark on the motorway but rather meandering home having had a lovely meal out.
On Friday I met my daughter-in-law and grandson, my sister and my niece at the local heritage centre, we drank coffee and whiled away a couple of hours before having a wander around the centre, I fell into a craft shop and bought more paper, I'll be honest this genuinely wasn't a surprise.
Photo of his lordship enjoying the fresh air.
Then two shots one taken by my sister
and the other taken by my daughter in law
Saturday and Sunday were tootling around the house days to be honest as the weather hasn't been great. We've still managed our walks but they have been mighty wet. I managed to finish this book which was a strange read.
It also meant that I got some scrapbooking done these are all from 2023, the boat trip that my Mum adored
Said 25 year old hunting for potatoes with my Mum in the garden
My Mum at my son and d-i-law's wedding
Before the wedding as we got ready for the photographer
More wedding photos
A layout from YSP
The haircut our son had pre-wedding
More wedding photos, it has been a joy to get them scrapbooked helped by the pack of paper I bought when I was out.
A layout from art at Wentworth Woodhouse in 2023
My Mum and my niece in 2023.
The rest of the week has tripped along, lots of work, I didn't get blue Monday but did feel a bit down Tuesday and I've no idea why, thankfully support from hubby, my sister and daughter-in-law have helped of which I'm definitely grateful
I did see some blue skies (albeit fleeting) on one of our walks
The poetry books that I'd sent to be printed have arrived
I finished this book which was a lovely read
and we went to see 'The Incident Room' at the local theatre which although a hard watch (it's about the Yorkshire Ripper investigation) was a particularly good watch.
I hope you've had a grand week.
Hugs




.jpg)
.jpg)


















.jpg)
.jpg)



4 comments:
I love all those layouts - what a scrapbooking session that was! It reads like a very full on week - so much achieved! hoping the weather is better for you this weekend although I fear possibly not, from the forecast! Happy Friday xx
Your grandson is beautiful, and looks very contented. A nice meal and walk home with hubby sounds great.
You got a lot of scrapbook pages made. I am a bit stumped on mine . I now only do digital scrapbooking and have hundreds og purchased scrapbook sets including frames, masks, elements and backgrounds. But last year I unsubscribed from adobe photoshop when they hicked their subscription rates massively, and I am trying to get to grips with Canva. It does some things so well but I haven't managed to used my sets in it yet, so I am watching lots of tutorials and getting very frustrated with it. I have tried a couple of other programmes but can't manage their different methods. I will keep trying.
Here's hoping this week will give a few more blue skies, though I have to say this weekend doesn't look very promising.
You can find my post HERE
Kate x
Oh what a gorgeous baby your grandson is! (I could EAf lay-outs. Well done you. I have scrapbooked in years it seem him!) (Not literally).
You really did a lot of lay-outs. Well done you. I haven't scrapbooked in years it seems. Like Kate I did digital scrapbooking and enjoyed that and had accumulated so many elements and backgrounds etc. I too had Adobe elements and still have on my computer. Problem is I don't use my computer anymore. I use my Macbook for everything and I don't have Adobe Elements on there. I could buy it of course but I would run into the same problems as Kate. So it's on hold for the mo.
The book looks like an interesting by-the-fire read. I might get it. But I have just bought the book that Mae recommended. (https://maefood.blogspot.com/2026/01/identities.html)
So I'll probable read that first.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Lisca
Hi, it's me again. Thanks for your comment on mine. Great that C wants to learn to knit socks. I use round needles (easier than the traditional 4 or 5) and I use the 'Fish Lips Kiss heel' method. (a very easy heel that can be done while watching tv). I also knit from the toe up (setting up video available online) and the Fish Lips Kiss pattern is available for a small price (I paid 1$ several years back). I can give you the pattern if you give me an email address somehow. I'll copy it for you.
Post a Comment