Friday, 15 August 2025

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 33RD OF 2025

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for


Well last Friday we had a garden day, hubby had managed to source some more fence paint, so we finally got the last of the panels painted and I even gave the shed a quick coat of paint and hubby did the tops of some of the wood stores, so we are all spruced up again. 

Saturday we had a day of rest, we'd had a busy couple of days and the weather was fine, so we had a lazy start to the day, we had a late brunch and then sat reading out on the deck, nothing finer. 

Sunday we headed out for a walk, we did a similar walk last year and realised how many blackberries there were along the bridle path that were just going to waste, so this year we went a foraging. 

We headed off up in the hill and stopped at the pub.


Hubby enjoyed a pint or two, I had a latte and then I had a hot chocolate, both of which were lovely.


Pub garden selfie


On our way back we double checked that this bush we had seen on the way up was in fact a sloe bush, hubby has grand plans for sloe gin if they are still available once they have started to ripen. 


And then on to the main task, here we are mid-forage


Hubby didn't mind getting further in as he had jeans on, I had gone with cropped trousers. 


When we got home, we give them a soak in bicarb and vinegar to get them clean and then rinsed them.  Then we made two apple and blackberry crumbles, enjoying a portion with some hot custard in the evening. 

I've frozen the other one to enjoy in a few weeks. 


Sunday evening we sat and watched 'The Gentleman' film which we haven't seen for an age and then our weekend was done. 

Monday and back to work, working from home and then Tuesday I went into the office, but no internet meant I returned home so I could work as everything I do is cloud based. 

Wednesday back in the office for a busy day as usual, not helped by the silly temperatures.  

We've been doing a daily walk which is helping my back (but not my feet) as my job entails a lot of sitting in front of a screen which is definitely not good for you and I'm enjoying my reading at the moment, well with all the books from Hay on Wye that I bought are you surprised. 

I hope you've had a wonderful week. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

how lovely that you can gather blackberries (and hopefully sloes) fromthe countryside.. the crumble sounds lovely, although I don't like my custard hot! have a great weekend. Helen xx