Good afternoon tis Friday time to clock the silver linings
Last Friday we had a funeral, always a sad occasion and for as hard as it is that a person is no longer here, it is always the hole they leave behind and the sadness of the family that genuinely hurts. So how can it make my rocking post this week, because the daughters who read something during the service were amazing, knowing how hard that is to do having done that at my Mum's funeral with my sister last year I know it takes a lot of courage to see it through.
It was also nice to catch up with family after the service, some we haven't seen in quite some time, unfortunately it seems there are more funerals that christenings or weddings these days.
Sunday and hubby picked up his new glasses, he is still getting used to them, varifocals are never easy to acclimatise to.
It was Monday soon enough and lots of work on this week, although I had a good couple of meetings and some positive feedback so definitely popping that in the rocking post, it was nice to feel genuinely appreciated for the work I've been doing.
Wednesday night and we went out to the local college restaurant for pre-theatre dining and then we headed to the theatre to watch Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time. I wasn't sure if we would enjoy it, but it was genuinely incredibly well done.
Beef teriyaki starter with cous cous
Chicken chausseur
Summer fruits crumble with sorbet
This was the stage set for the play
Thursday was my sisters birthday, we had a slow day overall if I'm honest and then went out for a meal in the evening which was grand, there were 7 of us in total.
Here is a photo of her, she has had a new hairstyle recently
I loved this shot, she looked like she was peeping out of the gift bag.
so a good week overall, I hope yours has been good too.
Hugs







1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the funeral, you are right though that they are more frequent than weddings and certainly christenings these days! your sister looks great, glad you were able to help celebrate her birthday. my week has just been work, work and more work. hoping the forecast heavy rain tomorrow holds off, so I can go to Kew (I could go Sunday but prefer to have a nothing to do day on Sundays! ) Have a great weekend Helen xx
Post a Comment