Morning lovely people tis Friday time for
So last Friday we arrived home from Center Parcs, I'm grateful that me and hubby worked as a team to get everything away and the washing sorted within a few hours of being home.
Then he finally opened his birthday gifts (well 2/3rds of them anyway) and then we opened Valentine's gifts. I noted in the last few years that we rarely make a big thing of anniversaries or Valentine's days, so I've asked we make a bit more of an effort.
So this year we had gifts and cards, I bought an acrylic block photo for hubby of a picture we had taken last year, we look so chilled and relaxed and I love the photo, I also made him a picture and hubby bought me something I genuinely wasn't expecting my very own Lego. But not any old Lego, no a Robert Indiana piece, that I love, it is still on show at Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
We had great fun building it together, such a lovely memory if I'm honest.

On Saturday we had invited family over for a get together, not that we knew what we were cooking, thankfully me and hubby managed to come up with a plan. Hot dogs and burgers and we made double chocolate scones, normal fruit scones and some cheese scones. Hubby also made his cinnamon cake and everyone descended mid afternoon and we had a lovely catch up putting the world to rights. The noise level at one point was off the charts but it was grand to catch up.
This was the table before everyone came, we set the hot buffet tray up on the side with the hot dogs and burgers so that kept everything warm.
There were 10 of us in total for the afternoon and it was lovely, I definitely had the feeling that my Mum was about.
I'm immensely grateful to said 24 year old, I asked him to source a gift for his Dad as he was more knowledgeable and he managed it, it was touch and go at one point, he came along on Saturday having sourced the item which was acoustic electric guitar, hubby has always wanted to learn to play and I thought, why not there should be enough tutorials, apps etc for him to learn and hopefully enjoy, I think he was a little surprised, but it honestly would not have come about without said 24 year old, so I'm grateful for him taking the time to sort this - he is an absolute star.
We were shattered on Sunday and had a lazy day if I'm honest, but we had also booked to see 'The Ripper Files' at the local theatre. It isn't a play we've seen before and at first it seemed to just be a play giving the chronological story of Jack the Ripper through the eyes of Lestrange one of the key police officers on the case. However, there was a plot twist near the end which we all enjoyed despite it being somewhat far-fetched.
Monday was my first day back in work and I was working from home, the inbox was extremely full if truth be told and despite working until the late hour I genuinely didn't get to the bottom of the inbox. Thankfully I arranged with my colleague to work from home again on the Tuesday in the hope that I could make headway and actually get to some of the key pieces of work that I needed to do.
Wednesday was another hectic day at work and hubby was out delivering on the vans.
In the evening I went to see the new Bridget Jones film with my sister, daughter in law and niece. It was a lovely girly evening, despite the fact I hadn't seen all the films.
Thursday and we headed to my step-Dads to sort my Mum's craft room, to be honest we lost heart a little bit with it previously, but I'm determined to move things forward this year, so me and my sister scheduled things in our diary to get things done, this is the first activity of that schedule.
I hope you've all had a great week too, finding those positive moments and silver linings really makes a different to your mood and mindset.
Hugs







2 comments:
Sounds like you had a very full on week but you always get so much done! I just go to work and watch tv.... at least it's Friday and another visit to Kew tomorrow...!! I've heard great reviews of the new Bridget Jones film, lots saying it's the best of the lot. i will probably wait for it to be on tv, as I am not one for solo cinema going. Have a lovely weekend Helen xx
Kate is stilling fighting with blogger so she sent me her message "That sounds like a pretty full week to me, The lego sculpture is great. What a lovely surprise.
That table full of food and families reminded me of some great days we have all had together. There are so many of us now that we need a marquee for a get-together.
I hope you managed some smiles and happy thoughts while sorting mum's craft room. She wouldn't want you to be sad.
Another hectic week of work is nearly at an end, so enjoy your weekend. Kate x
Post a Comment