Good afternoon lovely people tis Friday, a day where I clock the positive moments and silver linings in the week that help to keep me balanced. I started Rocking posts years ago and find it is a lovely way to focus on the happy moments whilst knowing that sometimes life is a set of trials and tribulations, this stops them from overwhelming me, having said that I've had a good week overall (although there is a genuine lack of photos - so sorry).
So last Friday we headed over to see my step-Dad, we haven't seen him for an age and I was feeling mighty guilty, but I think he was just happy for a bit of company. Whilst we were there I managed to sort out what we hope is the last outstanding financial element in relation to my Mum for him, so that was definitely a positive.
Whilst we were there we had a look at what there is still to sort upstairs, we had planned to have another fettle but to be honest my sister has been quite poorly recently and she genuinely was not well enough to do anything so we just took stock of what needed doing. However, me and hubby did take a multitude of bags to the local Cancer Research Charity shop, which frees up some space and means that hopefully further funds will be raised for this worthy cause.
On Saturday we headed north to see my niece as she had invited people over as it was her birthday this week. Her and her partner put on a lovely spread of food and we spent several hours catching up and chatting and putting the world to rights and she got to receive her presents early and open the same and we got to sing happy birthday to her, she had three birthday cakes to choose from, perhaps next time we need to remember to communicate more effectively, although I doubt they went to waste.
Sunday was another miserable day weather wise and so our plans to go to YSP were scuppered, but we still enjoyed a sausage sandwich at home and I did some crafting and reading before I headed back into work.
Monday came around and I was back at work, I'm still battling with the year end and getting to it is proving mighty difficult if I'm honest, but that I'm persevering and hopefully will start seeing the finish line soon (I hope).
Tuesday hubby contacted the doctors he keeps getting a sweet taste in his mouth, we can't tell if it is post op or whether there is something else so he got booked in for blood tests and we had a discussion about health improvements because his blood pressure was bad again, however this has led to some sensible discussions and hopefully a way forward.
Wednesday my last day in the office and I came home very tired and yesterday we set too making the most of the sunshine (which we have seen little of recently) to be in the garden making some headway on some projects that need sorting. The heat has made the task much harder, but at least it has been dry enough to make some headway.
Apart from that, conversations with family have kept me on an even keel particularly when I've been struggling with the grief side of things.
And finally I will document it here because it means I have it somewhere. Early this morning, as I was just lifting out of a dream which was mad and made little sense, did I find myself sat in a different room and my Mum literally suddenly appeared in front of me, she was radiant and looked so relaxed and happy, younger, healthy, lightly tanned skin and sparkly eyes and she was there in front of me. I burst into tears and said we had all been so worried and asked if she was OK, she said that she was fine and that everyone needed to stop stressing. I asked where she was and who was with her but she just shook her head as though to say that isn't for you to know at the moment.
She was so incredibly vivid, so bright and so close to me that I'm struggling to accept this as purely a dream, I've had other such times when similar has happened on two other occasions, only 3 in my life but when they have happened they have left such a strong impression on me, that I genuinely feel like it was a message from my Mum where she is now and it has given me great solace today, although left me somewhat emotional, I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you.
Have a lovely weekend where you are.


1 comment:
Hi, always good to read your posts. Lucky niece to have 3 cakes! Glad that you are getting your mum's finances sorted and her things donated. The "dream" if that is what it was, sounds incredibly reassuring. Hope you get to YSP this week! I am up early getting ready for Kew. glad it's not going to be as hot as yesterday. Helen xx
Post a Comment