Friday, 12 July 2024

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 28TH OF 2024

 Good afternoon lovely people I'm late to the party today so apologies, time to clock the silver linings and positive moments from this week. 


Well last Friday we had a tootling day in the garden, hubby was on with sorting bits out and I was painting the world, well the new fence anyway, it was good to be out in the garden and get some fresh air. 

I was still struggling with a bug that hubby had been kind enough to share, with a stupid hacking cough that genuinely would not leave me alone, which frustrated me somewhat, however time together is always very precious in my book. 

Saturday our son and d-in-law popped over for a catch up, it was lovely to see their faces and put the world to rights.  I checked in with my d-in-law who has recently lost her Nan and checked to see how her Mum was doing, it just seems that a lot of people are going through the mill a bit at the moment. 

I spent some of Saturday making cards, after I realised that I was running low when I wrote July's cards out last week (yes I know I was running late).  

I had a lovely few hours creating these and now the birthday card box is full again.  





We also watched Axl on Netflix and hubby watched the rest of the Beverley Hills Cops films over Saturday and Sunday. 

Sunday and we genuinely had hoped that we would be able to get to YSP but the weather had other ideas and with the cough I'd got I decided the best thing to do would be to stay put and just craft and chill out and watch a few films etc. 

As it was we watched Peter Rabbit, which I thoroughly enjoyed and did a bit more crafting, I'm still on with making Pigling Bland out of a book I bought recently, it is mighty slow due to all the hand stitching. 

The rest of the week has been busy with work, including a number of hours at home doing some training on Thursday but it was needed and it was good to get it out of the way. 

We are trying to make headway into watching some of the DVDs we own, so we watched Eat Pray Love and Amelie this week.  I've seen Eat Pray Love before but hubby hadn't, it amazed me that I had a vague understanding of some of the Italian language as I watched it (well I have been learning it on Duolingo for 3 years). 

Amelie, very nearly didn't get watched as I'm not a fan of subtitled foreign films (I read enough in my day job without reading a film if that makes sense), but it had been a recommendation from a book and well within 10 minutes we were invested, so we saw it through.  I really enjoyed it, and it reminded me that the simple acts of kindness can sometimes bring real joy to individuals which I love.  

I hope you've all had a good week.  

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

Ihope you have shaken off the lurgy, a persistent cough is not good (one of the girls at work has one, hoping she keeps it to herself!) the batch of cards you made are fabulous, well done for getting so many done. Have a great weekend. Helen xx