Friday, 11 August 2023

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 32ND OF 2023

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for 

so last Friday was the 33rd anniversary of when me and hubby met and being  a Friday meant we weren't working which meant a day for the two of us which was lovely. 

We headed out to Ikea first thing for a wander, I had a few items that I needed to pick up and then we popped to Tapas Revolution for a lunch, which was lovely.

Then we headed to purchase goodies for a picnic for Friday evening we had tickets to see Twelfth Night with the Dukes Theatre company. 

We had thought we might have to cry off with the forecast, but come Friday morning it looked like we might get away with it.

We had a leisurely afternoon book reading and then packed the car with hiking chairs, picnic and blankets and set off for NT Nostell. 

There were already quite a few people there when we set up and they'd spun the set around this year so we were on a slight slope which meant excellent views. 

The play was great and we had a lovely evening together watching all things Shakespeare and the forecast dry spell (for the evening) was completely correct. 

Hubby bought me flowers for our anniversary 


and we grabbed a selfie at the end of the night. 


Saturday we had a chilled day, we did a bit of sorting in the morning, then did some crafting (silversmithing for hubby) in the afternoon and then settled down to an evening of rugby. 

Sunday and I definitely needed a decent walk and we were aware there were several things at YSP that we hadn't seen. 

A new exhibition in the upper space, a collaboration between a turner/carver and a printer, we both liked this bowl


and the work in this was extreme


We walked down to the Weston to see a new exhibition which was an art installation based on the short story 'A Tell Tale Heart' by Edgar Allen Poe and the 1990's storyline in Brookside digging up the body under the patio.  There was a huge amount of art that had been created for the installation, from large stained glass, to 3 dimensional ceramic and stained glass pieces and everything in between, which is unusual as often installations we've seen have been staging of everyday objects.  The installation was rather gruesome but we enjoyed it nevertheless. 




The rest of the week has been busy busy busy but on Wednesday and Thursday I attended a boat training course at work (I've only been there almost 10 years) and am now a qualified Community Crew member which means I can technically help out on trips.  I'm not sure I found it enjoyable, it is a lot to do in such a short period of time, but I survived it (the back not so much).  

Overall a fine week, I hope yours has been good too. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

glad you had a good week,and enjoyed your anniversary, the flowers rare beautiful! I always enjoy the photos from the various things you find at YSP- there always seems to be something new! Happy Friday!!