Afternoon all tis Friday time for
Well last Friday should have been our day off but after collecting my (now problematic) new varifocal glasses (that I'll be returning with on Sunday to get them sorted) we headed to work as we had a Coronation Open Day event on Saturday 6 May 2023 and there were marquees that needed to be set up, there was also lots of other things that needed sorting and despite us planning only a couple of hours we were there from 11am through until around 5pm.
We were up bright and early on Saturday as we were live streaming the event and had a number of stall holders attending, we had facepainting, a free sunflower activity for families and children's activities.
We also had pre-bookable boat trips and the gallery space open for refreshments and hot food. Despite the inclement weather in London we just about got away with it until mid-afternoon when the heavens started to open. Thankfully we were able to swap the final boat trip of the day to the trip before and got started and sorting things and putting things back in readiness for the week. We had a large number of staff missing which was a shame, but we did have a lovely day and it ticked along at a fair pace.
Whilst we were at the Coronation event on Saturday my sister, my niece, her other half and his sister as well as a friend (not on the photo), went to help my Mum in her garden making further headway which is brilliant
they worked on the first tier and the photo really doesn't do it justice if I'm honest.
Needless to say Sunday really should have been a day of rest, however me and my Mum had a card class booked.
These were the cards in question, they were an absolute joy to make, Karen always prepares things so well so we get to really enjoy the making process.
This is the back of a magic card, the inside working similar to a Jacob's ladder
This was my favourite make from the day
My Mum really enjoyed it and we had such a wonderful day together, precious memories.
Whilst we were at card class said 22 year old and fiancee were at the christening of fiancee's nieces and they sent us this lovely photo.
Monday therefore was my day to kick bank and relax - which really didn't happen we were catching up on jobs, pencilling on the panelling for the stairs (which took forever) and generally being very busy. I clocked the time heading up 6pm, we'd had no tea and I had family chat at 7 so the evening disappeared in the blink of an eye.
Tuesday and back to work, the day was busy as was Wednesday but Thursday was genuinely off the chart stupid if I'm brutally honest and we both left work feeling very mentally fried last night. However I did for the first time see one of these through the petty cash tin, a new King Charles III 50p piece
Thankfully Thursday night we had a meal and pre-theatre booked so we dashed home got changed and headed straight out.
The show was called the Bow and the Fiddle and was a homage to Laurel and Hardy - a one man show nonetheless, he must have been exhausted playing all the characters that he was playing during the show.
We grabbed an Oscar photo before the show
and me and the hubster playing Laurel and Hardy
The stage
Me and my Mum waiting for the show
It was a great show and we all really enjoyed it, my Mum has had a call this week and they have confirmed the chemo is making a difference so scheduled her another 3 which means she is going to have 6 in total, she was disappointed that she has to have 3 more but glad it is making a difference, she had her 4th chemo yesterday so already over the half way mark and was quite buoyed up and spritely last night, she'll struggle for a week or so now before she starts to improve.
I hope you've had a lovely week too, apologies for the timing of my posts over recent weeks I'm blaming the decorating if I'm honest.


















2 comments:
You are so busy Virginia. It makes me tired just reading about it. But it does all sound great fun. I am glad the coronation day at work went well.
Your theatre trip sounds great. I have always had a good laugh at Laurel and hardy. You mum looks very happy too. I am glad she is coping with the awful effects of the chemo. At least it is doing her some good, so I guess that makes it worth it.
Lovely christening photo. You haven't mentioned the lass's heath problem again so I am hoping it is all under control for now anyway.
Make sure you manage some more breaks from the frantic work schedule this week. Kate x
sorry I'm late visiting, but glad to see your post. you had, as always, a very busy week and i am glad your day's event on Saturday weren't a complete wash out! I enjoyed every minute of the Coronation on tv, it was a real spectacle. So pleased to here that your Mum's chemo is making a difference, even if it means more sessions to come. Have a great week. I am up early getting ready for Kew, the only downside of the 8am starts (which I do love) is waking at 5....
Post a Comment