Morning lovely people tis Friday time to clock the positive moments and silver linings this week
So we were still enjoying our Christmas and New Year break last Friday and as mentioned on my previous post we went and blew the cobwebs off at YSP on the thursday and because this week has been devoid of photos, I thought I'd share some from that day. The air was mighty fresh so both me and hubby were wearing thick winter coats for a change and I opted for the hood up.
We wandered along to the Weston gallery as they had a new exhibition, based around the 'ha-has' that you see on country estates, the exhibit questioned that this was at a time of landed gentry and where common land went into private ownership, thus impacting the majority of the population and one of the ways that people were and still are oppressed. Quite a take on something I hadn't really considered if I'm honest.
the giant hanging face mask also a nod to recent years, I found the noose like rope for the ear loops most definitely a little foreboding.
The ha-ha wall was huge and I loved the bright colours
the same evening we had our 'free' return journey to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park who had informed us that not all the lights had been installed when we went the original time. So here were some of the extras, there really weren't very many as I thought if I'm honest and it surprised us that we got free tickets due to such a small increase which were valued at £88.00 but it was the only dry night that week.
Most of the originals were animal related, these were predominantly animal related but more mythical if that makes sense.
The dragon
I loved the bats on the tree
The werewolf?
The tombstone definitely threw us, it felt more Halloween than Christmas illuminations if I'm honest.
Managed to get a photo of these two
Back outside there was the giant gingerbread man model
and the ferris wheel was operating with the Christmas tree in front of it.
Friday was a quiet day in as the weather wasn't up to much.
Saturday we also had a quiet day, said 22 year old and fiancee went to spend New Year at my niece's home for he first time, so we had a very quiet night in watching random television.
Just before midnight, hubby went outside with this tray of goodies,
A coin to symbolise wealth
A glass of wine to symbolise good cheer
A slice of bread to symbolise food in the house
A lump of coal to symbolise warmth in the house
and salt to symbolise prosperity.
The salt and wine were additions to our normal first footing tradition.
Then after the New Year, we had family chat until gone 1am and then headed up to bed.
Needless to say New Year's Day was mighty quiet.
Monday was a bank holiday in the UK and we were back into 'normal' routine, so we did the food shop and started the task of taking down trees. Given that there were a great number of decorations up it takes us several days to remove them without it being an onerous job.
So the TV room was our first job and after the trees were removed and packed away I deep cleaned (pulled out the sofas etc). In the meantime my hubby had gone to rescue my sister who had woke to a flooded kitchen due to her dishwasher and after being there around 5 hours, with lots of sorting, he managed to replace some of the pipes and as far as we know it is now fully operational, thus saving her a significant amount of money.
Tuesday was our first day back in work, it was hectic and busy, but I made a concerted effort to have my lunch away from my desk, in fact I've managed that on two out of the three days.
The evenings have been spent taking decorations down and finally last night they were returned to the loft, so the house is looking mighty bare and here I find myself back at Friday morning, waiting on my new washing machine, my old one has been making a racket for some time and then started to smell, hubby thought it was bearings and whilst we could potentially have had it repaired it isn't a particularly good rating for a machine and is very old, it doesn't do ultra low temperatures, half washes or short washes, so we were definitely ready for a new one.
So there you are the first post of silver linings and positive moments of 2023.
I hope your week has been grand too.




.jpg)


.jpg)





1 comment:
I'm not sure about the tombstone either... but glad you were able to get back to see them. I've just had a full week at work (not sure why a 4 day week feels more tiring than a 5 day one, must be the time off since just before Christmas!) Off to Kew as usual tomorrow, though the forecast is rubbish! Have a good weekend Helen xx
Post a Comment