Morning all tis Friday time for
Well let's note the positives from the last 7 days, first up is catching up on scrapbooking, I'm determined to catch up which involves in the first instance catching up on 2021 to begin with, I've had great fun doing layouts recently.
I was unsure about this one but it turned out to be one of my favourites.
and this is the current stack of 2021 I have about 13 layouts still to complete and then I can get them put away in albums and make a start on 2022.
Strangely last weekend we had nothing planned (I know most unlike us), we spent a few hours at my Mum's on Friday catching up and putting the world to rights and caught up with my sister.
On Saturday we decided to have a split day of jobs around the house and garden and then a chilled out afternoon.
Hubby cleared the moss off the extension room and cleaned out the guttering, I cleared out the garden store, he also trimmed the little conifers on the front and we both tidied up afterwards.
In the afternoon I made some scrapbook layouts.
Hubby made a very very naughty dessert of a bread and butter pudding but made with hot cross buns and we had it with vanilla ice cream.
Sunday we woke and had booked to go to YSP, we did the long route despite the fact that there is nothing in the long gallery which we recently learned is actually owned by the Arts Council.
Selfie with the Love sculpture
The lake looked beautiful with the blue skies, but the wind was decidedly bracing.
We stopped for a rest at the top of the David Nash steps and enjoyed the sky above us
We saw the original Andy Goldsworthy hanging trees
and came across one of the felled trees from recent storm damage
The man is still up on the hill
The highland cows said hello
We could see the new Andy Goldsworthy piece from a fair distance
and we were pleased to find it wasn't fully enclosed (he has another piece in the park that is and it drives hubby nuts).
Other happy moments is just having time with hubby we genuinely have spent a huge amount of time recently laughing and it makes my heart sing.
Spending time with my future daughter in law also makes me feel very blessed
Said 21 year old still grafting really hard with his final brief for Uni and holding down 2 jobs - I really could not be prouder of him.
I hope you have had a lovely week.
































1 comment:
that is one big pile of scrap book layouts you managed! Love the Chair!! I agree about big sculptures being roped off in places, I get they don't want kids climbing on things, but what about us keen photographers!! we need close ups!. I'm not fond of bread and butter pudding, (got a thing about soggy bread textures) but it sounds fab made with hot cross buns! Thanks for the comments on last week's Kew trip - I thought the Caterpillar was a great thing for kids too. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment