Friday, 21 January 2022

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 3RD OF 2022

 Good evening lovely people tis Friday (and I'm late) for 


Last Friday we had a lovely walk from where we live to the next village along, as you can see it was stunning blue skies which were an absolute joy.


It was a bit muddy at the bottom and this doesn't look hilly but it absolutely was


Thankfully the half way point meant a pint of Old Peculier for hubby and a lovely hot chocolate for me. 


and on the way home we got this stunning sunset. 


and grabbed a selfie, clocking up just over 10,000 steps in the process (definitely a win win).


Saturday was a tootling around the house sorting bits and bats out which was lovely and I finished the epic task of making Christmas cards.  I make my cards in January, when there is little in the way of stress to make them.  Apologies for the wonkiness of the photo, I was absolute trying to get them all in (and this wasn't all of them), but had to stand in the porch to manage it rather unsuccessfully as you can tell.  All painted Christmas gonks with watercolours, fine liner, some stickles and some white pen accents and I'm genuinely over the moon with them. 


Sunday and a beautiful crisp January day, we headed to YSP and had our lovely sausage sandwich breakfast and a pot of tea, before doing another 10,000 step walk. 


The Ai Weiwei sculptures have been cleaned and moved and looked fabulous against the blue skies.



Another selfie, we definitely had a good weekend. 


The rest of the week has tripped along at a merry old pace as only it can, work has been mighty busy this week but we've got plenty done which is good so I felt like we've done a good job and that my lovely people is your lot today, I hope you've had a great week and looking forward to the weekend ahead. 

Hugs

2 comments:

Helen said...

sorry I am late - but what joy to see such blue skies and the beautiful sculptures at YSP - I was saying to another friend who did a virtual sketch for a group she's in, from YSP how I'd love to go. Hope you have a good week coming and get out and about this weekend. You can guess where I am going today, just getting ready! Helen xx

mamapez5 said...

Your Christmas cards made me smile. That is a good collection you have made. I tend to make mine a few each month for a Christmas challenge I link into. But when my first two boys were smal, 'Gonks' were very much the thing of the moment, and we had quite a collection of them. They were sort of oval and very fluffy, with funny faces and sometimes they had limbs, but not often. What you have made I wouod call 'Gnomes'. I haven't evenheard the word Gonk for ages and it made me smile because of all the memoriees it evoked.
you have had some lovely blue skies. I don't mind the cold when the sun is shining. That is some good weekend exercise to see you trough a busy week in the office. The sunset is beautiful. have a good week. Kate x