Friday, 24 September 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 39TH OF 2021

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for 


I hope I find you well, I'm here to share the positive bits of the week, the little silver linings and grateful moments that still occur even when life seems to be giving you an awful lot of lemons. 

For those that catch up on my blog regularly you'll know that I promised to update you on last week as it was our birthday week we didn't really know what to expect, but as it turned out hubby pulled this one out of the hat, not only had he booked us a midweek break in Center Parcs, he'd managed to upgrade it so we could take away my niece and her other half and my Mum and sister taking it to the largest villa that Center Parcs do.  Now anyone that has done Center Parcs will know that it is never a cheap do, so thankfully those going were happy to pay for the meals out and activities making it slightly more balanced on the cost front yay. 

We did get my Mum a trike, but to be perfectly honest she really wasn't well enough to use it, so it sat outside the villa for the week, but we grabbed a couple of fun shots on the last day


and that's my Mum always smiling! 


We had a couple of meals out, one to Cafe Rouge and the other to Bella Italia, I hadn't realised how serious my Mum looked on this one lol


Hubby and said 21 year old enjoyed the bikes, said 21 year old even peddled the trike back to the villa when my Mum wasn't up to it. 


We enjoyed walking around the woods at night


Made memories for his 21st


Enjoyed time out together


One of said 21 year old and his fiancee


We had fun with filters on the phone


Got a lovely shot of hubby and said 21 year old


And a lovely shot of the three of us 


They did the aeriel adventure (they being everyone except me and my Mum) as I don't do heights

It really was high up but they didn't seem to find that a problem


In fact in some instances they made it look decidedly easy



Posing for shots




This was the final platform to the zip wire over the lake - I personally think they are all nuts, but they all really enjoyed it. 


I enjoyed the last full night's sunset over the lake and a walk with hubby and my sister


The youngsters enjoyed the pool time


And it really felt like the next generation of Center Parc goers establishing their roots if I'm honest. 


And we got a final 'Friends' shot on the morning we were leaving. 


Overall despite the fact my Mum was really struggling we had a lovely few days, soaking up the forest sunshine, celebrating birthdays and just spending time together making new memories. 

On Sunday our trip boat from work known as Spirit was making her way back from Sheffield down Tinsley flight (11 locks).  We've done the trip before and I asked my Mum if she fancied being a chief tea-masher with me and she agreed, so we had a fantastic trip back which we really enjoyed, it was definitely good for the soul. 


The rest of the week had its ups and downs at the moment, we are waiting on blood results which will indicate whether my Mum's chemo will be IV or tablet, she really would like tablet as this means she won't lose her hair again, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed they find no protein.  We've also been given the length of time we will have if the chemo works, which is nowhere near enough, but we are determined to make as many positive memories as we possibly can with her and keep her upbeat and positive, your thoughts and prayers really mean the world, so thank you! 

And finally a little reflection from me, life has its ups and downs, peaks and troughs, in amongst these peaks and troughs is that thing called life, whilst there is no guarantees in life, the one thing we know is that if we come into this life at some point we must also leave it, but the thing to really appreciate is that the richest of people in world aren't marked by the size of their bank account or the newness of their car or the fanciness of their holidays but by the time they spend with people they love creating a wealth of memories, this is what makes an individual truly the richest person in the world.  

I hope you've all had a lovely week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit. 

3 comments:

mamapez5 said...

What an uplifting post. Well done to hubby for making some wonderful birthday memories for you to treasure. I would have been watching the tree walkers from ground level too, but well done them for doing it.
Mum is obviously not in a great place right now, but hopefully she will get her preferred type of chemo, and it will help sme.
I couldn't agree more with your outlook on life and its true values. My only regret for life in Spain is the distance between my family and I, especially in these hard to travel days, but thank good ness for technology which means I still get to chat with tem face to face most weeks.
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Kate x

Helen said...

I am glad you all got away but sorry your Mum is feeling so rough. I do hope she gets the tablet treatment she wants rather than IV - also less disruptive too, and that you are still finding positives in amongst all this. There is no way I'd have done the aerial adventure stuff either - nuts is putting it mildly! Hope you get to London one day; till then glad you enjoyed my trip!! Sending love and hugs.

Lisca said...

What a wonderful week you've had. Memory making at its highest level! Center Parcs is really lovely. We have been going there from the beginning as they are originally a Dutch company and the bungalows were kitted out as if in Holland (with bikes and shopping trolley etc). I've been all of them. Sherwood Forest the most and also Longleat when we lived in Bristol.
Your mum looks amazing. She had her hair done and put on some make up and she looks good in spite of the fact she is not well. I do hope they'll let her have the tablets. Having said that, not every IV chemo causes hair loss.We'll just have to wait and see.
Of course your mum and your family are in our prayers. In the meantime it looks like you are all supporting each other and that is such a good thing. Yours is a family where there is love. The most important thing.
Have a good weekend,
Love to your mum and best wishes to all of you.
Hugs,
Lisca