Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well it has been a strange week given our news last week, we are all reeling a little bit as you can probably imagine, but finding silver linings is what this post is all about.
So people contacting me via social media or Whatsapp to say they are thinking about me and my family and that they are there if I need them, which really is lovely of them, it means so much when people you haven't seen for a while or even a long time, realise that through the difficult days they can definitely be your silver linings so for that I am immensely grateful.
Hugs from said 21 year old, that's right it was his birthday this week, where do the years go, it really doesn't feel like 21 years since he was born (but then it does if that makes sense), I went into labour on my birthday at 7.30am but he decided he didn't fancy sharing my birthday and arrived at 6.08am the following morning.
I am immensely proud of the very well put together, thoughtful, loving and caring young man he has become.
Lots of conversations with my Mum and sister recently, keeping everyone chipper and upbeat between us.
A lovely conversation with my first cousin Patsy she really is the sweetest human being in the world, always there to listen, a shoulder to cry on and sometimes to cheer me up or make me laugh, we often put the world to rights and I feel incredibly privileged to spend that time with her.
Said 21 year old's fiancee bought the now traditional birthday cookie, this one for me
And this one for said 21 year old (I definitely won on the icing front)
I also couldn't make my mind up on cakes and hubby insisted we have one each, so we got a Morris the Caterpillar and a Clyde the Caterpillar from Morrisons and Asda respectively.
We had fairly grand plans for said 21 year old's birthday pre-pandemic, but to be honest, just spending time together as a family will do if you know what I mean.
I will provide you with more updates on this week next week (it will make more sense next week I promise), I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back and link up and we can come and visit.




3 comments:
I am glad both you and said 21 year old enjoyed your birthdays. The reason said 21 year old is so grounded, thoughtful and caring is due in no small part to the way he's been brought up and nurtured by his family - he is a credit to you. Hope you have a good week ahead. Hugs Helen xx
Oh Virginia, I am glad you are looking for the silver linings still. I am holding your mum and the family in my prayers.
It wasn't an easy week to celebrate twqo birthdays but I am sure time with family was just perfect.
It is quite funny to hear you talk about 'said 21 year old'. He was such a little chap when I fist found your blog, but the years hurry by.
Keep that smile coming but we all understand if it slips a little. Hugs Kate x
Yes, it's so sad about your mum. Please know that we are thinking of her and praying for her. Great that you have so much support from your family, and a cousin with a waterproof shoulder is wonderful.Bless her.
(Did my comment get through last week? I didn't see it. I also wanted you to know how wonderful it was for me to see Stokesay Castle as I've been there and have very happy memories)
A belated happy birthday to you and M. Your cakes really got me giggling! I'm sure there's a story there! Caterpillars!
Have a good weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Post a Comment